Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
I don't really have anything to add to what everyone already said. The tech they used to digitally resurrect Peter Cushing and de-age Carrie Fisher is some next-level uncanny valley poo poo, but it's loving incredible. I had to check and remind myself that he wasn't a real person. They did a great job of sketching out all the characters and giving them charm. Chirrut & Baze's bromance is a nice touch, excellent chemistry, and I felt legit bad as the crew made their final stands. I'm glad they had the guts to let the movie go out on such a dark note.

Speaking of which, this has been a good few years for movies, but Darth Vader stepping up to remind the galaxy why everyone is afraid of him may be the illest poo poo I've seen on screen in the last 12 months. Also his apparent newfound love of puns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Did CGI Tarkin remind anyone else of the spy from Team Fortress?

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Arc Light posted:

If memory serves, in ep4 Leia acts all offended when she's captured and tells Vader (Tarkin?) that she's on a peaceful diplomatic mission. Since Rogue One ends with her narrow escape from a crippled rebel capital ship, I don't think anything in Rogue One was planned in advance.
:lol: I'd forgotten about that. The new material definitely gives certain lines in the original trilogy a new subtext. Leia telling Vader to his face that she's riding a consular ship on a diplomatic mission, with all the apparent sincerity of a suspect on COPS insisting that the fifty five pounds of weed in her trunk are for legal, personal consumption. No wonder he's pissed.

Obi Wan telling Luke that Darth Vader killed his father, leaving out the part about having dismembered him.

"Here's your father's light saber. He killed two dozen children with it, and then I took it off his body when I left him to burn to death. He would have wanted you to have it."

Dead Reckoning fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Dec 18, 2016

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
I hope they never say anything about it, because I hope Hollywood could portray two men with a decades-long friendship and complex emotional life without everyone jumping to the explanation "they must be Confirmed Bachelors, by which I mean they must be loving each other."

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Darth Vader vs Colossal Ape is a movie I would watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Whoever that random flunky was had been dunking on Vader by saying that his belief in the power of the force hadn't let him recover the stolen plans or find the hidden rebel base, so Vader shows him how real the power of the force is.

• Locked thread