Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Zeris posted:

JEJ's voicing is definitely off. He phoned it in. The usual cheesy-slow cadence of his speech is gone...it's like he's doing a blind read, "gently caress you I'm JEJ pay me all the money for being this damned cyborg force demon again".

He's loving 85. It was good to see Vader actually being a badass.

This movie was great. It was much grittier than I expected, without going over-the-top just because.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Genocide Tendency posted:

Am I the only one who thought The Force Awakens was good?

It was good. I don't care if it's derivative of a beloved movie that came out 40 years ago and had to lean heavily to reestablish that these movies can be better than the garbage spewed in the late 90s/early 00s.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

And there was a fat X-Wing pilot who got roasted, so there's your Porkins nod.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Flikken posted:

Did you catch who's call sign that was?

Luke's

I did not, I was too busy laughing.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

I thought the CG faces were impressive, but it should've been used more sparingly. And agreed that Leia was way too happy...she smiled more in 5 seconds of this movie than she did in the first two combined.

Vader raging through the corridor was loving awesome (he pinned that dude to the ceiling and drat near sliced him in half!), and fits perfectly with his anger at the start of ANW.

I was content with the lack of force/light saber stuff. That's not what this movie was about, and I'm glad it wasn't shoehorned in to make the idiot fanbois blow their loads. We got a better movie for it.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Praise Jebus.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Naked Bear posted:

Oh, man, I wish I had the disposable income to just load up on Star Wars Legos and make some badass dioramas.

Agreed. I let my nerd flag fly enough to buy an AT-AT and last year's Millenium Falcon release, though. Goddamn AT-AT is about an inch too tall to stand on the entertainment stand shelf I wanted to put it on.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

I cannot wait until march or april when this movie hits Amazon to rent so I can finally watch it

This is a movie worth seeing in IMAX.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Well, that'll be impossible to beat.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Pesticide20 posted:

How mad were you when people shipped Poe and Finn?

I rage anytime someone uses the word "ship" to mean anything besides a large boat or mailing something.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Flikken posted:

I thought the same thing, it was the flak jackets and pouches too.

That was what did it for me.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

I liked that part in WWII when Hitler used lightning bolt and BJ Blazkowicz threw him in a pit.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

MA-Horus posted:

I kinda wish JEJ had better pacing for his lines. Everything sounded a little forced.

:discourse:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Apparently the theater I like out here has $5 IMAX Tuesdays, including 3d screenings. :stare: Hell yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

All I wanted from the re-working of the originals was better looking explosions, light sabers, and integrating stuff like ships with starfields. Don't add poo poo, change content, etc. Just fix the shortcomings of 1970s visual tech. I walked out of the theater in 1997 completely annoyed.

• Locked thread