Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

Suicide Watch posted:

So the trailers all show Jyn, Cassian and the squad running across the beach, likely toward some rescue. Imagine if they made it back to the fleet and the Vader hall scene was with Rogue One and not random Rebel troopers

If that was the original ending I could see why they would say it's too dark and order the reshoot

I think the show needed this. The end just didn't feel... I dunno, it felt off. Also I felt like Forest Whitaker's character, Jyn, and the Captain guy just taking their respective blasts seemed wrong to me for their characters. Sure, it's showing characters coming to peace with their death after passing on what they thought they had to pass on, but it would have been brutually awesome to see these characters, fighting, fighting, and fighting thinking that they finally made it only to get Vader'd and to remember why Vader was so feared vs him just slashing a bunch of red shirts.

Also K-2 was loving awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread