Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Fuuuuuck I was planning on seeing it with my parents on Xmas but I might sneak off and have my own private viewing? Is it a movie you can watch twice and enjoy?

Ya def. action scenes are dope

Can we make this thread a spoiler zone pls :saddowns:

Genocide Tendency posted:

Rogue One is going to be just as good as Force Awakens..

Way better imo. I just didn't like force awakens at all

MazelTovCocktail posted:

I am so hyped about the return of Darth Vadar even if it is only 5-10 minutes. It was cool seeing JEJ back doing Darth Vader on Star Wars Rebel (it's not bad, but just apply the rule of Clone Wars, so of it's really good and some of it early on is poo poo...also Grand Moff Tarkin is in it so plus +1 anyway) , his voice is a bit different, but still very much Darth. It was really cool of him to come back for a kids cartoon show. But even ignoring Darth I think the movie has a lot going for it in terms of setting, locales, HK47 esque droids (Also for Sherlock Holmes fans go look up the v/a for HK), and more.

Maybe it's just me but Vader's voice just seemed off for some reason, felt they could have definitely done better. There's not a lot of him--but I will say if you wanted to see some Vader you'll be pleasantly surprised :stare:

Pesticide20 posted:

I honestly hope there is very little laser sword waving in this movie. If there's one thing I am hoping for with the Star Wars one-off movies it's that they're less reliant on the Force and lightsabers and more just cool movies that happen to be set in Star Wars

Ya nope not really any..

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Dec 17, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

RIP k :( truly too good for this world

Probably the darkest of all the Star Wars movies so far, besides the younglings bit. I loving loved Ip Man's accomplice, that dude loving ruled. Not sure why no one else uses his gun. As I mentioned in the dad thread Ip Man's implementation to garner a Chinese fan base was great. It was just the right amount of cheese without being forced and lame. They did him and his salty buddy right

What was that bit the troopers were talking about on the beach before they get waxed? I feel I missed a joke/Easter egg

But god drat that first x-wing scene with their headlights on and poo poo zooming through :cabot:

I guess it's a common movie thing but it seems the trailer had a lot of poo poo/quotes not in the movie

Was all this planned and loosely what Lucas had in his mind when he wrote the original movies or did they just connect dots with random poo poo

i'm glad they just straight up let everyone get smoked and didn't leave a possibility for them reappearing and some poo poo. Showing the great sacrifice these brave souls made for the rebellion etc etc. the ending was great and especially poignant ~~man gets killed by his own creation~~

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Dec 17, 2016

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Ya same sentiments. TFA was at least a relief from how poo poo 1-3 were but still could have been better

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

wonder if we'll see a movie about that

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Flikken posted:

N4i can we do this thread without spoiler tags? Or have a thread where we can discuss this without spoilers?

Ya spoiler it in dad thread but we should be open here eh

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Spoilers are go I suppose.

Holy poo poo what a movie. Had chills at the end.

Also I'm super gay for X-Wings and those space battles.

I got chills a handful of times I'm such a child

"squadron up" :dong:

So no one else disliked the CGI faces? Don't get me wrong the tech is amazing but you can still easily tell and bleh.

Also that was Leia's dad right? I recognized the dude from episode 3 that adopts her

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I assume A New Hope (omg think about that for a sec) picks up almost immediately after this movie ends.

They tied it in just about perfectly imo. And the Vader scene and the absolute terror in those rebels faces god drat

Do you guys think there should have been more force/jedi poo poo or was it better negating all of that? Really showed the state of the galaxy etc. I know there's still Jedi throughout the galaxy (or I guess that's not Disney canon) and a little scene with a light saber or Jedi would have been cool

I was confused about that first battle when Cassian seemingly shot that rebel or whatever faction they were that was up top did I miss something? Whatcha guys think of Mr. Whitaker?

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Dec 17, 2016

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Oh ok then

Well it is cool tech but not all that new did everyone forget they did it in Tron?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

A lot--more than usual

"What will you become"

Did Mon even say "we have a special mission for you?"

They never add an extended cut to the dvds do they

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Ice Cream Barbara posted:

I don't care about this movie or Star Wars in general anymore. Boring and played out :sad:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Terrible quality but hey more Vader

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muK2vq6UzYU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Posted in dad thread but prob makes more sense here

Star Wars: The Force Awakens: SteelBook [Blu-ray/DVD] $10 free shipping @ best buy

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/star-wa...a0a507cb53c0INT

-edit per slickdeals forum post it includes digital as well

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Dec 19, 2016

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Godholio posted:

Well, that'll be impossible to beat.

buying 4 for easy gifts

-edit nvm limit is 3

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Dec 19, 2016

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Or do what the last Star Trek did to show how progressive you are

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

No of course not but it was the complete opposite of "'make vague and let audience decide"

I do like that it riled up some folks

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

2016 trying to claim another. Carrie Fischer dying/dead

-edit she stable

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Dec 24, 2016

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Godholio posted:

Apparently the theater I like out here has $5 IMAX Tuesdays, including 3d screenings. :stare: Hell yeah.

lol but don't do 3D

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Ya but the subtle pun none of us gave a second thought to kind of make him seem less serious and tough y'know?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Don't forget

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiCGkzwW_S8

• Locked thread