Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

ManMythLegend posted:

As soon as I saw the helmets the rebels were wearing while Jyn was briefing them en route to Scarif the first thing I thought was, "when did this turn into a Vietnam movie?"

That's been a known detail for a long time. The original trilogy was WWII, this movie is Viet Nam. The helmets and poo poo were a bit on the nose but still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Godholio posted:

I liked that part in WWII when Hitler used lightning bolt and BJ Blazkowicz threw him in a pit.

I liked it better when Goebbels got killed by a kid from Small town USA dropping a bomb in the exhaust port of his space station.

PS THANKS, GALEN ERSO!

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

MA-Horus posted:

I kinda wish JEJ had better pacing for his lines. Everything sounded a little forced.

Everyone says this but I thought he sounded great. Especially for his age and not having done a whole lot of Vader in the last 30 years.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Jesus Christ I feel retarded that I didn't yet the joke

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Suicide Watch posted:

I watched it a second time yesterday and realized how the Bail Organa/Leia part makes so little sense. If you're sending your daughter to inform Obi-Wan then why was she in battle with the Rebel fleet? :rolleyes:

Because they had to get the plans first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Arc Light posted:

I liked R1, but it's a valid criticism. She didn't need the plans to get Obi-Wan, she just needed to take a trip to Tatooine to go look for him. It was only circumstance that the plans ended up on her ship. The big rebel capital ship was preparing to flee the system right before Vader dropped in to say hi.

Also

Yeah, you're right. Eh. I mean it was mainly just so they could make it make sense that she had the plans in the beginning of Ep 4, but they also wanted to bring in Bail to do some fan service I guess. "WOULDN'T IT BE NEAT IF..."

• Locked thread