Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

Famethrowa posted:

As for unions, how do you increase their reach to everyone without giving them absurd amounts of power, like a medieval guild writ large?

Maybe unions should have absurd amounts of power (compared to what they have now)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

Gio posted:

Then what the hell does? I'm not even sure I know what you mean by this. That those attributes are side effects, not the intended goal, of work? Serious question.

a job is part of an identity but things like family and religion usually play a bigger part here in America

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

Gio posted:

And family expectations in any culture are that you are able to provide for said family vis-a-vis work

this is not true

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

Gio posted:

I never said working at Walmart was empowering, but for many I'm sure it's at least slightly better than being unemployed.

Now ask yourself why

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

Gio posted:

I think it's better just based on personal experience.

Why do you think people retire?

• Locked thread