Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

All you need to know about centrist establishment Democrats is that up the page there's a whole thread full of them furiously masturbating to the idea of a CIA lead coup in the US.

Our guy didn't win? gently caress it, lets have a dictatorship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

OwlFancier posted:

Eh, the US has a constitution because the people who set it up didn't believe that democracy would always produce good outcomes, the idea that a state should have methods of protecting itself against the results of its democratic processes is not a bizzare one.
Turning over the government to the Keystone Kops of torture is not an outcome preferable to a democratically elected government you don't like.

The US Constitution has a process for removing an executive and it didn't involve paramilitaries.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

OwlFancier posted:

The US as a state, however, was sort of founded on using paramilitaries to remove an executive you don't like.

The idea that the modern incarnation of democracy is infallible and nothing could be better ever is kind of strange, it's quite vulnerable to corruption of its purpose.
Who's arguing democracy is infallible?

Democracy is preferable to autocratic rule by a bunch of guys whose chief contribution to the world has been the discovery that if you put enough stuff in a dude's butt he will lie to you about where terrorists are.

• Locked thread