Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Talmonis posted:

Wage slavery isn't a goal of centrists. Education of the populace leads to a better world for all of us, and is pretty universally revered among centrists I've met.

From what I can tell, wage slavery isn't a goal of most centrists, but they are often relatively ambivalent towards it (or at the very least unwilling to make any significant sacrifices to eliminate it).

If there's one thing I find most common among a certain common breed of centrists, it's the belief that educated, rational people should be making decisions based upon the data. While I technically agree with this, in practice I find that these people have a huge blind-spot caused by the fact that they believe "experts who make rational decisions based upon the data without much bias" exist in the first place. What these people call "unbiased" is generally just a bias in favor of the status quo, and this is often due to the fact that they personally benefit (or at least aren't harmed by) the status quo themselves.

Honestly, I'm not sure if it's really a solvable problem, since I think that pro-status quo sentiment and a lack of empathy for the disadvantaged is a natural result of being a happy, financially secure person (obviously there are exceptions, but as a general trend).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread