Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
I think it's cool there are a bunch of people here who would murder Californians if given the opportunity because their state is rich and successful and disagrees with them politically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
What's that? You pay enough taxes to keep public services funded and have a rich inclusive society while I live in a poo poo heap of my own making? You sir, are a monster deserving death.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

SickZip posted:

San Francisco, Los Angeles and New York City are essentially tumors. They exist through the concentration of wealth brought about by being favored by the 1% and by the subsequent flow of rent toward them.

Maybe we run things better with public investment.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

MattD1zzl3 posted:

I'm glad you brought this up , the short version is that I've lost hope that everybody can have it their way.

The problem is, and also the reason it's hard to take a live-and-let-live position on this is that your Californian cancer has spread via the Supreme Court and social media to all 50 states. The Tenth Amendment is effectively not a thing anymore. Different states having different policies is no longer acceptable.

From that perspective the Trump Administration is a loving godsend. At the bare minimum I get to watch Riot police crack some Bash the fash types skulls over the internet, and I get to dream about the possibility of all-out Civil War.

Hell, if civil unrest doesn't give you global warming will. Enjoy that drought and sea level rise!

I think enjoying the state suppressing people's rights is incredibly un-American and a betrayal of everything the founding fathers stood for.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
If you don't like protests and minority rights move to China or Russia. They got you covered.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

rkajdi posted:

No, it's sadly exactly in line with what they stood for. Don't ancestor worship, you'll always be disappointed when you realize how awful everyone is.

I'm talking about today's America, Jesus, you people are pedantic.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
But yeah anyway mat, the idea you get off on your daddy figure punishing your political opponents explains very succinctly why you suck. But can you explain why you and yours like to post incredibly offensive things out of nowhere? Are you scared of continuing debate or are you just trying to feel like a big man?

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Again, thanks for asking Drilldo, you are good at this :) Continuing debate is hard with the one-two punch of "gently caress off BernieBro/Racist/Sexist" and [User was Probated for this post]. I dont mind the scorn one bit, i love tal[i]king to people that oppose me.

Just on a national level we dont have a unified culture holding us together and giving direction to public policy. Just look at how only mere minutes ago in this very thread you suggested i would be more at home in another country and that the america we all were talking about wasnt the america you had in mind.

You know what I meant, respond to that please. Though I'm not surprised you are trying this nonsense.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Behold, your battle hardened army. Basically the same as hardcore Mujahadeen, these folks. #calexit is as good as done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6Ex2rVOUWs&t=45s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWFetkAqFNs&t=282s

(I've skipped to the good parts)
Lmbo at mat trying to change the subject because he a weak minded little baby man.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

DeusExMachinima posted:

Like let's get real real for a second. Think about the sort of person who'd be most enthusiastic about joining your revolution. You wouldn't even have to go fight them. Let them get guns and sit back as they purge each other because one faction favored paying out cash reparations to blacks tomorrow and the other side sees cash payments as evidence of capitalist collusion. The average Joe would beg you to roll tanks in to end it.

Your disparaging of your opponents instead of there ideals is a sign of a weak mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

themrguy posted:

I know you guys are having fun fantasizing about how ~Tuff country folk~ would totally show those liberals, but you realize that in any scenario where it becomes a realistic possibility, you're going to be facing ordinary people, not Silicon Valley Developer bros. A hypothetical CA secessionist army would probably be made up primarily of young latinos, not Bay Area stereotypes.

This whole idea is the dumbest poo poo imaginable but the people saying this poo poo in particular are also hilariously pathetic.

• Locked thread