Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Gail Wynand posted:

What do you think that CIA report leak is? Whoever put that out there is taking a major risk. Everyone involved in that report is going to be fired once Trump takes office and the leaker will face an Espionage Act prosecution if discovered. I wouldn't put it above Trump to charge the NYT as a corporate entity, and the editors/reporters personally, under the Espionage Act as well.

The same thing is going to happen to the same people that sold us in 03 about weapons of mass destruction. Zip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Gail Wynand posted:

Because what we're likely to see will go well beyond what we saw even in WW2. And there's no world war on.

Have you considered chilling the gently caress out and perhaps not snorting the farts of liberal media that is frantically voiding their bowels because what they thought was inevitable was simply a misconception?

Like I know Jenkem is a hell of a drug but you don't need to ignite it when you breath in.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Gail Wynand posted:

I'm afraid the time for chilling out has passed, hey if he's just incompetent and corrupt I'll be thrilled but there's enough evidence to the contrary that people are justified in freaking the gently caress out.

So far he's played out the authoritarian seizure of power playbook to a T. He's stacked his cabinet with fascist ideologues (Sessions), right wing business elites (Tillerson et al), and prominent generals, exactly what you would want to do to buy off factions whose support will be critical for a successful seizure of power.

Thinking "it can't happen here" is exactly how it ends up happening.

I hope you can find some comfort in your delusion, and I hope you find a way out sometime.

I mean have you even worked out how the death camps are going to work? poo poo is hard to actually do, yo.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

he's goign to purge the military industrial complex like Hitler would, but the opposite way by assuming everyone's loyalty until they prove themselves guilty so that nobody actually winds up fired. Wildcard, bitches!

If he hatchets that bloated feed lot that is DoD procurement he'll probably save more lives overseas than Barack "I trust the CIA to drone this wedding" Obama.

• Locked thread