Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

MattD1zzl3 posted:

I was going to say, I can't think of a founding father that became president who didn't lead an army to crush revolts and/or occupy territory.

Adams Maybe?

Jefferson was a pussy and never led an army in the field I don't think. Beat he did was retreat from the British as governor of Virginia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Gail Wynand posted:

I know, it's a crazy idea, Clancy bullshit, not going to happen, etc.

But let's all indulge our inner Clancy for a minute. How would it work, just from a mechanical perspective? The country is too decentralized to allow a sufficiently small group of plotters to seize all the centers of power.

In my opinion an attempted coup would result in a 1991 Soviet Union style scenario that would lead to the breakup of the United States. Which is why you see Obama et al going to lengths to respect the process, they're not stupid.

Getting back to the original question the real answer is it would be just along the lines of the Kennedy assassination conspiracy theories. And about as likely.

• Locked thread