Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

DeusExMachinima posted:

*their

It all comes down to whether you can be as hard as the Muj, have the local community's support, and not violently implode on yourselves. I don't see it.

Not really. It comes down to if you have Raytheon in your backyard and give a poo poo about bombing hillbillies. I don't see hesitating being a problem for folks on that one. Christ, I bet half the military would pay *us* for the privilege. The problem with dumb fucks talking about their militia and their gun collection and how they'd do in a fight is it's all dick waving overcompensation bullshit. That's not how real wars are fought today. Soldiers exist to hold ground and advance where civilian life is a concern. Otherwise you just loving level everything and call it a day. If there was a "Civil War" today, it'd be a bunch of hicks having their water supplies dusted and their diabetes medication no longer shipped out and they'd be dead inside a week because they'd have stress eaten their 6 month supply of dehydrated ration packs and that'd be that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

DeusExMachinima posted:

I didn't say anything about militias, I'm sure it'd all be the army doing the wrecking. But I guess this "no YOU'LL get bombed" is the liberal version of believing the true patriots in the military will rise up to destroy the FEMA camps when the time comes.

You did talk about the opposition being made up of people that want......what was it? Ah, "cash reparations to blacks tomorrow and the other side sees cash payments as evidence of capitalist collusion". The cousin loving redneck is their hypothetical cousin who makes up like 80% of California by landmass if not by population. Which is basically every state. Whole lot of red, pockets of deep blue.

Bishounen Bonanza posted:

This is dumb. You can only carpet bomb with the support of the rest of the country.

You absolutely can randomly bomb folks without the support of the entire country, as is evidenced by everyone we've ever bombed.

quote:

Putting down a civil war would have to be done on the ground with soldiers, and done quickly before the rest of the county lose stomach for it.

No, you can just destroy everything they need to survive and play them up as wackos and losers and wait for them to die. All you need to do is control the media message. The counter-point to both sides having to agree to stop a civil war is that both sides have to agree there is one in the first place. If you are small and ineffectual, you are just random losers. Maybe cultists at best. They might just call you a violent SovCit flash mob if you are really incompetent at it.

• Locked thread