Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

MattD1zzl3 posted:

I'm 100% thrilled at the idea of the US armed forces gunning down secessionist Californians. Seriously wet dream stuff. Please do it CA.

I give them 2 weeks tops, less if the 4G signal goes out in the first few days.

loving seriously. Do any of you have any idea how much "flyover country" that composes most of the military would love to dunk all over those snooty know-it-all deep blue staters? Oh my god the Marine Corps is coming to San Francisco to stop us from leaving! Someone call out the 1st Poetry Slam Division! Get the Mobile App Command on the horn!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Morbus posted:

Hey guys we've been spending the last ~15 years walking into IEDs made by retarded goat fuckers and getting our dicks blown off lets try our hand at urban warfare in an industrial metropolis

What I posted was in response to the idea that California would roll up and claim Pendleton. :lol: And TBH I trust goat fuckers to be way more hardcore than kids who had to take the rest of the school week off after Trump won or Silicon Valley dudes who can't shut the gently caress up about the singularity.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

Like let's get real real for a second. Think about the sort of person who'd be most enthusiastic about joining your revolution. You wouldn't even have to go fight them. Let them get guns and sit back as they purge each other because one faction favored paying out cash reparations to blacks tomorrow and the other side sees cash payments as evidence of capitalist collusion. The average Joe would beg you to roll tanks in to end it.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

*their

It all comes down to whether you can be as hard as the Muj, have the local community's support, and not violently implode on yourselves. I don't see it.

DeusExMachinima fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Dec 15, 2016

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

Mulva posted:

Not really. It comes down to if you have Raytheon in your backyard and give a poo poo about bombing hillbillies. I don't see hesitating being a problem for folks on that one. Christ, I bet half the military would pay *us* for the privilege. The problem with dumb fucks talking about their militia and their gun collection and how they'd do in a fight is it's all dick waving overcompensation bullshit. That's not how real wars are fought today. Soldiers exist to hold ground and advance where civilian life is a concern. Otherwise you just loving level everything and call it a day. If there was a "Civil War" today, it'd be a bunch of hicks having their water supplies dusted and their diabetes medication no longer shipped out and they'd be dead inside a week because they'd have stress eaten their 6 month supply of dehydrated ration packs and that'd be that.

I didn't say anything about militias, I'm sure it'd all be the army doing the wrecking. But I guess this "no YOU'LL get bombed" is the liberal version of believing the true patriots in the military will rise up to destroy the FEMA camps when the time comes.

themrguy posted:

I know you guys are having fun fantasizing about how ~Tuff country folk~ would totally show those liberals, but you realize that in any scenario where it becomes a realistic possibility, you're going to be facing ordinary people, not Silicon Valley Developer bros. A hypothetical CA secessionist army would probably be made up primarily of young latinos, not Bay Area stereotypes.

Most Californians hate Trump but also understand what a world of poo poo a civil war would be. And even if they won, the navy would just blockade the ports and the army would probably say gently caress it and hold and/or Highway of Death-ify the southern border crossings no matter what to completely cut the state off until it played ball. The glorious revolution would be disproportionately represented by the sort of person unable to see that's how things would play out, not salt-of-the-earth working dudes, and that's the kind of person who'll also purge you because you said you liked Trotsky more than Lenin.

• Locked thread