Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Answer to OP's question: Doesn't matter, because it won't. The same mechanisms people used to laugh at those opposing the government before Trump got elected are in play after Trump got elected.

MattD1zzl3 posted:

From that perspective the Trump Administration is a loving godsend. At the bare minimum I get to watch Riot police crack some Bash the fash types skulls over the internet, and I get to dream about the possibility of all-out Civil War. As horrible as that is, it's better than what I expected for america.

Polite note to American readers of this thread: Read what I just quoted. Understand that the person who typed out the above believes sincerely in what they said. They want a bloody purge of America that targets everyone who disagrees with them. They aren't complaining about their rights being endangered, the very existence of people who disagree with them is inexcusable to them. To them, everyone but people like they are soft and weak and need to be beaten into submission for that sin. They want a police state. They want violence in the streets, directed at those who cannot defend themselves. They want to see your friends and families gunned down, and they'll laugh if they get their wish. And understand that what you're about to get is a government that empowers these people.

Oh, they may talk about rights and somesuch, but their dreams are a fantasy of an iron fist coming down on those they hate, and nothing else matters. If you are thinking of them as allies in a struggle against the rich and powerful, don't. They'll never see you as an ally, just a tool to be used and discarded.

As for Trump, he's a bog standard petty dictator who was just given the reigns of your country. He'll break things you want broken, and you'll be happy. Then he'll start breaking things you care about, and it'll be too late to complain. Maybe you'll bend the knee regardless and accept anything that happens, anything whatsoever, as long as you are safe. That can work, for a while, especially if you're part of the elite. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread