Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

mobby_6kl posted:

What's more likely is a group of pissed off republicans (and democrats) working behind the scenes to get Trump impeached. There really shouldn't be a problem digging up some worthwhile charges what with his broad conflict of interest which is explicitly forbidden in the constitution. This still wouldn't be that great because Pence and his insane cabinet picks would be still there. And I'm not aware of any process that would remove the whole administration and trigger new elections.

Now imagine that Trump refuses to resign or recognize the process, what then? The Coup d'État Practical Handbook suggests that you don't really need mass support or even the whole military on your side, their acceptance is only necessary afterwards. So really all what would be necessary is take control of several executive offices, all of which I assume are in DC. Just get the Secret Service and Capitol PD on your side and go ahead.

I would actually prefer Pence, because he's a predictable politician and isn't constantly working to normalize insanity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

drilldo squirt posted:

I think it's cool there are a bunch of people here who would murder Californians if given the opportunity because their state is rich and successful and disagrees with them politically.

There's hardly a better reason to commit murder.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I'm from Indianapolis, and I say kill 'em all!

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

According to the Times, the Obama administration is looking at dropping all sorts of countermeasures on Russia before Obama leaves office.

• Locked thread