Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

I was gonna make a joke about how the Niners should give him a call but then I realized that it isn't our coaching staff that's the problem right now. Chip Kelly might be a bad NFL coach but he's not 1-15 bad.

So in summary gently caress you Jed York.

I feel like the jury is still out on Kelly as an NFL coach. His record with the Eagles was 27-21, and in his first year with the team, they went 10-6 after the team went 4-12 the previous year. He sucked as a GM but no longer has GM responsibilities. Unfortunately he got paired with a GM that might even be worse than he is, and is coaching probably the worst roster in the NFL, with only the Browns being close.

I think he deserves more than a year, but I don't see us being competitive in the next 1-2 years with the roster we have. He is really in a lovely situation because I don't think there is a coach in the NFL that could make the 49ers successful in the short-term.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

MrSargent posted:

I feel like the jury is still out on Kelly as an NFL coach. His record with the Eagles was 27-21, and in his first year with the team, they went 10-6 after the team went 4-12 the previous year. He sucked as a GM but no longer has GM responsibilities. Unfortunately he got paired with a GM that might even be worse than he is, and is coaching probably the worst roster in the NFL, with only the Browns being close.

I think he deserves more than a year, but I don't see us being competitive in the next 1-2 years with the roster we have. He is really in a lovely situation because I don't think there is a coach in the NFL that could make the 49ers successful in the short-term.

Counterpoint: He hosed up the Eagles Christmas party.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

MrSargent posted:

There's probably one guy that could, but you already fired him. Whoops!

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

big money big clit posted:

There's probably one guy that could, but you already fired him. Whoops!

I bet they could get Tomsula back.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Mike Singletary

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

FizFashizzle posted:

And that rumor is false.

It's less rumor and more very real possibility.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

kiimo posted:

It's less rumor and more very real possibility.

Yeah and Bill Belichick is gonna fly down to Charlotte, murder Mike Shula, and install an offense specifically for Cam.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

A new khaki shop just opened on Rodeo what more proof do you need

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Kalli posted:

Yeah, and at the same time, they drafted guys like Aaron Donald and Janoris Jenkins and other useful defensive players so they can apparently scout talent just fine.

They just have a putrid staff of offensive coaches that ruined/were ruining a ton of top prospects.

Well I for one never saw this coming

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

from st louis tv

https://twitter.com/tmckernan/status/808465858175627264

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

:iceburn:

Benny the Snake fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Dec 13, 2016

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

That's awesome!

Demoff even looks like a fucken rat.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Guys....it was written into his contract - that he is to be fired if he is in danger of breaking the losingest coach record. That is the only explanation for him being fired the week they have a Thursday night game.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

:master:

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

:thurman:

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS

FizFashizzle posted:

RIP Jeff Fisher

You went to the superbowl once, led a very good Titans team for a number of years, and were the worst to carry an nfl franchise out of salary cap hell.

A number of years being six, and never with more than two winning seasons in a row.

EDIT: Let's not forget he co-chaired the competition committee until earlier this year so I think it's fair to blame him for every new dumb lovely rule, too.

Stunt Rock fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Dec 13, 2016

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

FizFashizzle posted:

Doltos you're basically describing trestman and whelp
The alternative is nepotism and that begat Mike Shula.

And Kyle Shannahan. Plenty of teams are stuck with nepotism coaches. Hell the Bills have two!

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

A big reason Chip Kelly went 10-6 that first year was he had good players that weren't burnt out yet by his system. He then got rid of all the good players and the defense got burnt out from being on the field for all of time

Edit: I agree that he's not 1-15 bad but I think his Mr. Innovator days are over

shyduck fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Dec 13, 2016

The Juggernaut
Nov 29, 2005

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000750667/Jeff-Fisher-searches-for-challenge-flag

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

shyduck posted:

A big reason Chip Kelly went 10-6 that first year was he had good players that weren't burnt out yet by his system. He then got rid of all the good players and the defense got burnt out from being on the field for all of time

Edit: I agree that he's not 1-15 bad but I think his Mr. Innovator days are over

https://theringer.com/chip-kelly-san-francisco-49ers-offense-f332f053870e#.nzvderwl3

Pretty much, yeah.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

MrSargent posted:

Counterpoint: he sucks and is bad and shouldn't coach a pee-wee football team.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

shyduck posted:

This is pretty much my assessment too but like MrSargent said I'm willing to give him another season or two simply because holy gently caress are we working with nothing right now so I doubt anyone else we could get would do much better.

Konstantin
Jun 20, 2005
And the Lord said, "Look, they are one people, and they have all one language; and this is only the beginning of what they will do; nothing that they propose to do will now be impossible for them.
I have to wonder who the Rams would be able to attract. It doesn't really seem like a desirable job, whoever they hire will have two years to turn it around, and he won't get to pick his QB. If the Rams have losing seasons in 2017 and 2018, the coach will almost certainly be fired, as the Rams won't want to open their new stadium with a coach and quarterback who are known as losers. If they wanted to make a change they should have done so in February, I'm not sure they will be able to attract a candidate significantly better than Fisher.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

They'll get Norv Turner.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
The Rams are gonna pursue Josh McDaniels like a motherfucker

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/rams-wishing-big-for-next-head-coach-and-their-improbable-dream-is-pete-carroll-041529864.html

quote:

How big? Multiple sources with insight into the earliest stages of the Rams coaching search said there is a monster name that intrigues the power brokers inside the franchise: the Seattle Seahawks’ Pete Carroll. The same Pete Carroll who faces the Rams on Thursday night. The same Pete Carroll who resides inside the NFC West. And the same Pete Carroll who is under contract with Seattle through the 2019 season.

Hm, well...

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

He's opportunistic enough, methinks :suicide:

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Pete Carroll abandoning the Hawks would be almost as good as Harbaugh abandoning Michigan.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Not only that, they're gonna trade the raiders a seventh for khalil Mack and Odell Beckham is gonna fake retire from the giants so he can sign in la

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
He does really really really really really really like LA too....:smithicide:

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

I've got it, Carroll to the Rams, Harbaugh to the Seahawks, Jeff Fisher to Michigan.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Shangri-Law School posted:

I've got it, Carroll to the Rams, Harbaugh to the Seahawks, Jeff Fisher to Michigan.
yes

YES

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

whypick1 posted:

He does really really really really really really like LA too....:smithicide:

I thought he's considered persona non grata after he left USC deep in sanctions

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
What do the Rams even have to offer him that the Seahawks don't have?

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
answers

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

Mel Mudkiper posted:

More money

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Isnt the owner of the Seahawks worth more than the rest of NFL owners combined?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

I am not sure how much money it would cost to make handling the Rams roster worthwhile but I am not sure Kroenke has it

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

Mel Mudkiper posted:

the powerful intangibles of jared goff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Isnt the owner of the Seahawks worth more than the rest of NFL owners combined?

If it was Bill Gates, yes. Allen's net worth isn't anything to sneeze at though.

http://www.chatsports.com/nfl/a/How-Much-Is-Each-NFL-Owner-Worth-19465

• Locked thread