Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

breaklaw posted:

I think this is\will be more of a symbolic thing than a real enforcement initiative. I know people here say they don't believe in political capital anymore but for them to bee seen "solving" a problem that is already solved by federalism right now would be crazy. There's WAY bigger fish to fry. Shutting down a weed store in Colorado does nothing for an unemployed factory worker in Ohio and can't even be spun as such.

I think this is all coming from Sessions and even he won't pull the trigger when the times comes. Maybe do one or two operations if he can find a way to tie it to The Children, but going in and shutting down the whole industry? No way, they may be stupid but their not that stupid. Bannon would try and talk Trump out of it if it became too real.

They are that stupid. Expect to hear news about dispensaries being shut down by the national guard

The more people talk about this, the more they seem to forget just how maliciously stupid the right is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

i hope sessions is forced to resign in disgrace or is arrested in the middle of a press conference.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

get that OUT of my face posted:

trump is unpopular as hell but he doesn't care

I mean that's basically the only thing Trump cares about

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

ScrubLeague posted:

yeah true, so i'll rephrase that: trump's unpopularity will not stop him from doing all sorts of horrendous and irresponsible poo poo. he's extremely stupid and thinks that this is the sort of poo poo people want

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
the weed

the precious weeeeeeeeed

noooooooooo

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

the weed

the precious weeeeeeeeed

noooooooooo

If there is a crackdown I hope individuals will see it as a positive opportunity to get out of something they were into - that is one way of building 'muscle' for the next time a Rep is incarnate.

The alternative is being some AA misanthrope who yells at people over the internet.

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum

ScrubLeague posted:

Trump desperately wants people to like him, but by the same token, he wants to punish those who don't. If you don't fall in line behind Trump, then as far as he cares, you're the enemy.

The states that legalized weed all voted against Trump. The idea that he won't let Sessions punish them for that is hilarious: of course he will.

Likewise there's no way Sessions is going to be removed. The GOP fought hard to get him there and get their voter ID laws upheld, there's no way they're giving up on that.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Xenoveritas posted:

Trump desperately wants people to like him, but by the same token, he wants to punish those who don't. If you don't fall in line behind Trump, then as far as he cares, you're the enemy.

The states that legalized weed all voted against Trump. The idea that he won't let Sessions punish them for that is hilarious: of course he will.

Likewise there's no way Sessions is going to be removed. The GOP fought hard to get him there and get their voter ID laws upheld, there's no way they're giving up on that.

We'll find out soon if "lol nothing matters" applies to aiding an enemy government as a sitting senator.

If that doesn't matter, then raiding state governments or whatever really doesn't!

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

the weed

the precious weeeeeeeeed

noooooooooo
:getout:

I'm not sure what you're going for but I'm guessing... You don't care about the livelihoods and social harms that will be done. But it gets you really upset that other people do?

I'll be honest, your low effort posting makes it really hard to tell what your point actually is besides mocking other people for caring about the possibility of bad things happening.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
So what pot head leaked all the Sessions Russian stuff because they don't want to lose weed in DC?

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

it's really funny when liberals think the legal weed issue is something that only single-issue college kids care about and then avert their eyes as millions of mostly-minority citizens are disenfranchised based on the continued illegality of :420:

like Nixon's guys explicitly said that they cracked down on weed to gently caress with black and anti-war activists lol

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum

hobbesmaster posted:

We'll find out soon if "lol nothing matters" applies to aiding an enemy government as a sitting senator.

If that doesn't matter, then raiding state governments or whatever really doesn't!

They're already spinning it as "who cares, he talked with a diplomat, senators should talk to diplomats."

Fullhouse posted:

it's really funny when liberals think the legal weed issue is something that only single-issue college kids care about and then avert their eyes as millions of mostly-minority citizens are disenfranchised based on the continued illegality of :420:

like Nixon's guys explicitly said that they cracked down on weed to gently caress with black and anti-war activists lol

Yeah, the GOP has two choices here: stand up against a probable attack on the US by a foreign power, or help disenfranchise even more black people. It's not a hard choice for them.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Fullhouse posted:

black and anti-war activists lol

Not real, registered democrats so who cares.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
No guys, here, let me pull out the statistics that show blacks aren't unfairly target when compared to white left leaning liberals of a certain age and social class in certain regions. See! It's okay that the drug war is politically motivated because it's not racist, it's just completely intended to disempower leftists and Democrats and is it really anyone's fault that so many black people vote Democrat and thus put themselves in the crosshairs?

So really, when you think about it, this issue isn't important at all.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Mc Do Well posted:

Not real, registered democrats so who cares.

I can't parse this are you suggesting that black people don't exist

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Fullhouse posted:

according to the ghost of the voting rights act they sure don't

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

GlyphGryph posted:

I'm not sure what you're going for but I'm guessing... You don't care about the livelihoods and social harms that will be done. But it gets you really upset that other people do?

I'll be honest, your low effort posting makes it really hard to tell what your point actually is besides mocking other people for caring about the possibility of bad things happening.

honestly I'm just bemused that this one particular aspect of Trump and Sessions wiping their asses with other people's lives gets a Very Serious Concerned Thread

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

honestly I'm just bemused that this one particular aspect of Trump and Sessions wiping their asses with other people's lives gets a Very Serious Concerned Thread

it actually makes perfect sense that ppl would be especially concerned about getting locked up for a drug that almost everybody does

not a lot of undocumented immigrants on these forums but probably a lot of weed smokers you feel me?

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

If trump talked about a vat on steam games the resulting thread would crash the forums

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Fullhouse posted:

only 3/5ths of them do

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

considering how much bank it makes for Colorado and Washington, it's well beyond just weed that's the problem. Denver and Seattle haven't become paganistic hellholes ever since it became legal to sell

and then there's the whole "non-interference in the private sector" thing that the GOP supposedly considers sacred, as well as the fact that "state's rights" is how the administration wants to deal with stepping on transgender rights. yeah, yeah, authoritarianism is inherently contradictory and all that, but it's very prominent hypocrisy of words nonetheless

get that OUT of my face has issued a correction as of 00:00 on Mar 4, 2017

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

how bout you start that thread then you lazy turd

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Terror Sweat posted:

how bout you start that thread then you lazy turd

chill out bro

Smug Mug
Jul 21, 2011

honestly I'm just bemused
                                         /
                                       /

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
I'm an energy voter, and that energy is weed

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Yuuuuuuuuuup. It's all fun and games until it affects me! :qq:

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Peachfart posted:

Thats a pretty stupid post. Shameful.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

polysynth posted:

I've never thought about it this way, but you make a great point: unemployed people could find employment if only they were employable. Incroyable

When you live with them it's hard to be understanding of the fact that they're hosed when they're busy angrily and messily loving everyone else (and are ultimately responsible for their own situation).

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Peachfart posted:

dude I spent the week after the election keeping a trans friend of mine from killing themselves and the hiring freeze wrecked a bunch of my potential job prospects, I've already been affected

Vincent Van Goatse has issued a correction as of 02:08 on Mar 5, 2017

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Nobody is unaffected by Donald John Trump. Who the gently caress do you think you are that you ain't?

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

:siren:
VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!
:siren:

Nonsense posted:

Nobody is unaffected by Donald John Trump. Who the gently caress do you think you are that you ain't?

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Drug laws literally kill people.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

GlyphGryph posted:

trump is president

bad things are going to happen to a hell of a lot of people

hth

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
Can't wait to watch the people I served with in the military get back on opiates and benzos because it's illegal for them to smoke weed again. Can't wait to watch the people from where Im from get locked up for decades for being black and smoking weed.

It'll really show those hippy college kids tho am I rite?

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

eat poo poo brady

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

zen death robot posted:

Calm down beavis

I'd rather not be calm about my friends blowing their brains out in their living room or growing up with parents in prison because of racist drug laws.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
:ohdear:

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

:same:

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Gringostar posted:

trump is president

bad things are going to happen to a hell of a lot of people

hth

Hmm no. No it does not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Peachfart posted:

Glad you're finally understanding politics.

• Locked thread