Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 minutes!
Hopefully so I can laugh at 3rd party voting weedlords crying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

That Robot posted:

my fear is this: The Man in the High Tower :rimshot: will let Sessions do whatever, including shutting down medical cannabis dispensaries and mass-arrest patients

sessions sounds like the type to do that and it freaks me out

I doubt that will happen, regardless of Trump, locking up a bunch of veterans who use mm for PTSD is just too bad of optics.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
I'm not sure if a big war on weed would have a significant effect on the 2018 or 2020 elections but I bet it would lead to more states legalizing it in protest.

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

Ace of Baes posted:

I doubt that will happen, regardless of Trump, locking up a bunch of veterans who use mm for PTSD is just too bad of optics.

the president is an orange buffoon who keeps appointing either white supremacists or bankers to his cabinet, optics no longer matter

the only thing that matters is that death is inevitable

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

hallebarrysoetoro posted:

the president is an orange buffoon who keeps appointing either white supremacists or bankers to his cabinet, optics no longer matter

the only thing that matters is that death is inevitable

Here's the thing, those people want to keep their jobs.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 minutes!

Ace of Baes posted:

What country do you love in where addicts haven't been completely dehumanized

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'

Ace of Baes posted:

in trumps america we pull down ptsd vets pants down and then make those losers march in the street

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Probably, op

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Trump needs the republican congress & senate & the rest of the establishment more than they need him, so there's going to be a new war on weed and it's going to become illegal again, because that's the the gop party wants

the fact that the gop base care less about weed doesn't matter, that's not an important piece of information

tl;dr sessions is going to crack down and everyone is going to cry

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I feel like it'll be way easier and more enjoyable for Sessions to focus on his true calling, which is being a massive racist.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

when weed is outlawed only outlaws will get lit af :420:

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Jonny 290 posted:

I took a weedjob over the election and they have no lack of momentum. Current vibe is that if they do touch it, they'll federally legalize so they can slap 7% on top or whatever. They love money over all, epileptic kids being basically cured by CBD are very powerful stories in the media right now, and they don't need weed to be illegal to detain and shoot brown ppl any more.

(spouse works in weed too so we are kind of putting money where mouth is)

I don't mean to be insulting, but this seems like wishful thinking. Especially given your own stake.

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

I hope so. The devil's grass has no place in our children's lungs.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
they will kill illegal weed smokers

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

rudatron posted:

Trump needs the republican congress & senate & the rest of the establishment more than they need him, so there's going to be a new war on weed and it's going to become illegal again, because that's the the gop party wants

the fact that the gop base care less about weed doesn't matter, that's not an important piece of information

tl;dr sessions is going to crack down and everyone is going to cry

pot arrests/convictions are grossly disproportionate to race ( guess who gets convicted more!!) so yes, pot is going to be turboillegalized right out of the gate

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/local-news/marijuana/cbd-hemp-oil-named-a-schedule-i-drug-by-dea

lol, who needs trump to kill legal weed

the bitcoin of weed has issued a correction as of 14:37 on Dec 16, 2016

Olga Gurlukovich
Nov 13, 2016

marihuana

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

Roylicious posted:

Nope and if they try they'll lose all their political capital

unfortunately that isn't a real thing, just an excuse liberals use for why Obama accomplished nothing

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

the fact that the DEA is still using their weird racebaiting scare word language from the loving 1930s is really a clear indicator that no progress has been made at all on the federal level

Olga Gurlukovich
Nov 13, 2016

sorry

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
honestly, to make the next 8 years bearable, you'll need to step up to heroin anyway

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

2018 drinking game, every time trump says it's gonna be great, do bath salts

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Mirthless posted:

yeah honestly the thing that scares me the most about the next four to eight years is not knowing what the gently caress is going to happen. Trump is completely unpredictable, even the stuff that should be able to be measured out with numbers is completely wrong. We are living in a brave new world.

its pretty exciting

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
Jeff Sessions sending a bunch of FBI agents in full tactical gear to raid a bunch of small business owners because states rights don't matter seems like the sort of thing that's hard for the democrats to gently caress up, but then again, they are the democrats

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Bushiz posted:

Jeff Sessions sending a bunch of FBI agents in full tactical gear to raid a bunch of small business owners because states rights don't matter seems like the sort of thing that's hard for the democrats to gently caress up, but then again, they are the democrats

The problem, as always, is that despite most of the Democratic base opposing it, most of the Democratic politicians would actually support this happening, so they'll be quiet lest they ruin "one of the few good things" the administration is doing.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

GlyphGryph posted:

The problem, as always, is that despite most of the Democratic base opposing it, most of the Democratic politicians would actually support this happening, so they'll be quiet lest they ruin "one of the few good things" the administration is doing.

Learn 2 primary DINOS.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Lawman 0 posted:

Learn 2 primary DINOS.

no, continued prosecution of the war on drugs to the maximum extent that is politically permissible to its white upper middle class base is part of the dem party platform. theyre not dinos, theye regular dems

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

as long as middle class white kids are largely spared from the fallout of the wod, dems and their voters are cool with it

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

GlyphGryph posted:

Why are the democrats so bad a partisan politics? When Obama was bombing Libya Fox News turned into Human Rights Watch just because it was someone else who got to do the bombing.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

Al! posted:

as long as middle class white kids are largely spared from the fallout of the wod, dems and their voters are cool with it

The voters overwhelmingly support legalization and a lot of them aren't cool with it, they just don't have any other choice when the opposition party is even more rabidly pro-drug war.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Dmitri-9 posted:

Why are the democrats so bad a partisan politics? When Obama was bombing Libya Fox News turned into Human Rights Watch just because it was someone else who got to do the bombing.

Literally right this moment a huge chunk of Democrats are excitingly talking about how they are totally on board with Trumps plan to replace Obamacare.

Lawman 0 posted:

Learn 2 primary DINOS.

No, learn to primary the Dems with DINOs. Pro-drug-war is official Dem policy.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

MaxxBot posted:

The voters overwhelmingly support legalization and a lot of them aren't cool with it, they just don't have any other choice when the opposition party is even more rabidly pro-drug war.

oh sure they support legalization but you kno, its nbd cuz i can get weed when i want it and nobody i know has been hurt by it

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

Al! posted:

oh sure they support legalization but you kno, its nbd cuz i can get weed when i want it and nobody i know has been hurt by it

Almost everyone under 30 I know cares about it and I know plenty of people who have been hurt by it who aren't poor or black, Dem politicians just don't really care much about what millenials think especially when they vote at a low rate.

The age factor definitely has a role in this, a lot of the establishment Dems are old as poo poo and have antiquated views of weed, even Obama to some extent.

MaxxBot has issued a correction as of 17:15 on Dec 16, 2016

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

woah, you must know a lot of felons

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Al! posted:

woah, you must know a lot of felons

f off

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

Are you really gonna sit here and tell me that middle class white millenials don't care enough about weed?

The felony thing is disingenuous as hell too since even a minor drug charge can have major effects on your employment prospects.

Olga Gurlukovich
Nov 13, 2016

MaxxBot posted:

Are you really gonna sit here and tell me that middle class white millenials don't care enough about weed?

yes

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

rudatron posted:

Trump needs the republican congress & senate & the rest of the establishment more than they need him,

You know this and I know this, but here's the question: does trump and his hardcore supporters know this?

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
Weed's not romantic tho. You can't have some big story about how great recreational weed. There's no crying 80 year old gay couples getting married with weed legalization, it's just a 20 something dude in a bowtie that starts every sentence with "actually, studies show" and the GOP benefits of keeping it as illegal as possible are numerous, since white america doesn't give a poo poo about black people in prison.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Bushiz posted:

since white america doesn't give a poo poo about black people in prison.
that's incorrect, they care a lot, just in the other direction

• Locked thread