Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Fat Iguana
Aug 21, 2016

remember. and never lie.

The Saurus posted:

If Cascadia broke free, it would only ever be as part of a nation with california or under the control of a stronger california.

Are WA and OR some of the few places you're allowed to like guns and weed?

Yeah. Got to protect the grow opps somehow.

But your leaving out British Columbia, which has always been a part of Cascadia. Mind they aren't fond of guns either but maybe we can convert them. It should balance out California anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
You're planning to invade Canada? Or do you seriously think they'll rise up against a PM as dreamy as Justin Trudeau for your granola chicks?

Big Fat Iguana
Aug 21, 2016

remember. and never lie.

The Saurus posted:

You're planning to invade Canada? Or do you seriously think they'll rise up against a PM as dreamy as Justin Trudeau for your granola chicks?

I think they would naturally join us during the glorious revolution

Big Fat Iguana
Aug 21, 2016

remember. and never lie.
Realtalk while I like Cascadia it would take the US and Canada and probably the whole world falling to pieces to make it happen which I wouldn't like, so instead we just fly the Doug Fir during Timber games and dream of better days

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
everyone who suggests it has played one too many ck2 or paradox mods. it's a cool idea to think about, but I think the shared history and culture of the united states will keep it together.

Or maybe you'll have states signing over to Canada or Mexico along the border - Though I think even hispanics in those states know better than to want to be a part of Mexico, unless they're hardcore nationalists

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
NCR and proud

:ca:

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

The Saurus posted:

If Cascadia broke free, it would only ever be as part of a nation with california or under the control of a stronger california.

Are WA and OR some of the few places you're allowed to like guns and weed?

pretty much everyone in the rural Southis 3 degrees of separation or less from knowing someone who's growing

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Agean90 posted:

pretty much everyone in the rural Southis 3 degrees of separation or less from knowing someone who's growing

I would love to see Trump start putting raids on the rural South. Republicans would lose...Well, no, they wouldn't, but it'd be funny.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Pollyanna posted:

I would love to see Trump start putting raids on the rural South. Republicans would lose...Well, no, they wouldn't, but it'd be funny.

if the democrats are organized enoufh they canandkdbxjdbcidj :suicide:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Agean90 posted:

if the democrats are organized enough

:newlol::newlol::newlol::newlol::newlol::newlol::newlol::newlol::newlol::newlol::newlol::newlol::newlol::newlol::newlol::newlol::newlol::newlol::newlol::newlol:

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
Cascades would last for about 4 days before the Chinese and Russian Navy drift closer to the west coast and everyone goes oh poo poo.

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

Ace of Baes posted:

Cascades would last for about 4 days before the Chinese and Russian Navy drift closer to the west coast and everyone goes oh poo poo.

actually our comrades would come to our aid against the imperialists and pretty much fight the battle for us, like the french in the revolutionary war

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Does cascadia annex Vancouver or does it secede from Canada on its own

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

The Saurus posted:

54 40' or fight!

Big Fat Iguana
Aug 21, 2016

remember. and never lie.

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Does cascadia annex Vancouver or does it secede from Canada on its own

When the nuclear fallout from WWIII subsides its less about annexation or secession and more about building a new and better society :greenangel:

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Trump will legalize the sale of all drugs, but only through licensed vendors. Trump Cocaine coming soon to a city near you.

Legitimately I think "Monetize it" will be the Trump slogan not ban it. Sell weed in the drug store and put a 40% tax on it and the government gets huge cash.

Actually it'd not be the worst idea he ever had.

Telephones
Apr 28, 2013
You are assuming that Trump is a good businessman slash gives a drat.

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

Telephones posted:

You are assuming that Trump is a good businessman slash gives a drat.

Anyone that says with confidence that Trump is going to do something or not going to do something is making an assumption because he is the most unpredictable creature on Earth

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

trump is the chaos candidate - jeb bush, trying to make trump sound bad instead of good

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Reminder that Trump openly praised the president of the Philippines who has not only authorized the murder of countless drug addicts but as we found out recently murdered some when he was a mayor

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Also admitted to being an addict himself. He's a triple threat

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

(C) American Megatrends Inc.,

Blazing Ownager posted:

Legitimately I think "Monetize it" will be the Trump slogan not ban it. Sell weed in the drug store and put a 40% tax on it and the government gets huge cash.

Actually it'd not be the worst idea he ever had.

He's appointing Sessions as AG dude

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Possession is now an death penalty offense

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Including internal possession, mandatory testing at your expense and every haircut you like outlawed

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
We're gonna get a drug war that will put Asian countries to shame

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

logikv9 posted:

We're gonna get a drug war that will put Asian countries to shame
Going to require some pretty substantial effort to catch up with the Philippines

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

FlamingLiberal posted:

Going to require some pretty substantial effort to catch up with the Philippines

We have more guns and more people itching to pull the trigger

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

FlamingLiberal posted:

Death penalty for any kind of possession, even carrying a dollar bill with traces of cocaine.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

FlamingLiberal posted:

He'll need to appoint a lot of Judges, yes.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Mirthless posted:

Given that Trump's whole schtick these days seems to be robbing the Democrats of voters they've taken for granted, I wouldn't honestly be too shocked to see the republicans legalize Marijuana while using Sessions as a signal to law enforcement that the drug war is still going to be as brutal and awful as ever even after they stop rounding up the weed smokers

If the GOP legalizes weed I'm done voting forever ftr, Obama and the dems had eight loving years. Fool me once.

yeah considering a good chunk of the public backlash about the war on drugs and most dumb rhetoric about it centers around marijuana i can see just legalizing weed but keeping everything else the same as the 'smart option' i guess considering it would probably steal a lot of thunder and silence most poorly articulated arguments against it while basically changing nothing

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Trump is trying to be Reagan ii, so probably

And if they just raid random dispensaries, it would probably be enough of a chilling effect to close most of them

If you buy it better start coming up with a plan b

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

My Linux Rig posted:

Trump is trying to be Reagan ii, so probably

And if they just raid random dispensaries, it would probably be enough of a chilling effect to close most of them

If you buy it better start coming up with a plan b

ps the plan b pill will get you iced as well

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound
making weed legal would make it harder for cops to put minorities in prison so :lol: if you think trump will do that poo poo

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
So long as white people can smoke weed as much as they want without worrying then Trump's supporters won't mind.

It doesn't seem like the cops even need a reason like weed to shoot or arrest random minorities anymore though.

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum
And if anyone thought Democrats would fight them on this, the MA state senate just pushed back the date of legalization in MA to mid-2018. It was supposed to start next month.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Xenoveritas posted:

And if anyone thought Democrats would fight them on this, the MA state senate just pushed back the date of legalization in MA to mid-2018. It was supposed to start next month.

:911:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Xenoveritas posted:

Hahaha

dems are useless

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

386-SX 25Mhz VGA posted:

He's appointing Sessions as AG dude

Sessions has to do what Trump tells him to do. And no one in this thread or anywhere else can ever truthfully claim to know what Trump will say or do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Cnut the Great posted:

Sessions has to do what Trump tells him to do. And no one in this thread or anywhere else can ever truthfully claim to know what Trump will say or do.

Trump: "go make america great"
Sessions: "k"
:Sessions proceeds to make any skin pigmentation darker than eggshell illegal:
Trump: "well done"

• Locked thread