Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Xenoveritas posted:

And if anyone thought Democrats would fight them on this, the MA state senate just pushed back the date of legalization in MA to mid-2018. It was supposed to start next month.

They pushed back the opening of dispensaries from Jan 2018 to July 2018, legalization already happened on Dec 15th. I don't even understand how they can pass a law without a certain percentage of the legislature present.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pushpins
Sep 11, 2006

Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)
How is America going to get tired of winning if winners dont do drugs?

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Dmitri-9 posted:

They pushed back the opening of dispensaries from Jan 2018 to July 2018, legalization already happened on Dec 15th. I don't even understand how they can pass a law without a certain percentage of the legislature present.

thatd be quorum, and it would most probably be up to someone present to ask the chair for a quorum call and the chair to recognize the motion

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Dmitri-9 posted:

Actually from Jan 2017 to July 2018, now, I think. This is the second time it was pushed back.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

actually no, I'm loving pissed about this because there's literally no reason to be so fucker about this, what the hell dems?

GlyphGryph posted:

Actually from Jan 2017 to July 2018, now, I think. This is the second time it was pushed back.

why???? why what is the point???????

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Xenoveritas posted:

And if anyone thought Democrats would fight them on this, the MA state senate just pushed back the date of legalization in MA to mid-2018. It was supposed to start next month.

Finally it's New Jersey's time to shine.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Dmitri-9 posted:

What a hot load of horse manure...

*msgs connect for another untaxed hash delivery* :q:

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Lawman 0 posted:

Finally it's New Jersey's time to shine.

Rhode Island uber alles

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Mariana Horchata posted:

What a hot load of horse manure...

*msgs connect for another untaxed hash delivery* :q:

How much do u pay tho?
Cuz I get like $5/g for poo poo that's like the breaking bad of weed.

Also I have a med card so I don't pay tax lol

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Ace of Baes posted:

How much do u pay tho?
Cuz I get like $5/g for poo poo that's like the breaking bad of weed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPpnvNlywP8
~~fml~~

byob historian has issued a correction as of 07:20 on Dec 29, 2016

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Pollyanna posted:

And now you know how gun owners living in states where AWBs are passed feel.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
price chat

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
too expensive.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
I figured price that was ok since it's legal in some way or another in the majority of the country.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Not expensive enough.

Princess Di
Apr 23, 2016

by zen death robot

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

Anyone that says with confidence that Trump is going to do something or not going to do something is making an assumption because he is the most unpredictable creature on Earth

Wow.

Lala land is full this evening.

Trump is something spectacular, not merely spectacularly inept at everything besides media exposure and self aggrandizement.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Princess Di posted:

Wow.

Lala land is full this evening.

Trump is something spectacular, not merely spectacularly inept at everything besides media exposure and self aggrandizement.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i wish i enjoyed smoking weed

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Pollyanna posted:

actually no, I'm loving pissed about this because there's literally no reason to be so fucker about this, what the hell dems?

It probably takes some time to come up with licensing and taxation and regulation for an entire new industry. Relax lol it is a 6 month delay.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Moridin920 posted:

It probably takes some time to come up with licensing and taxation and regulation for an entire new industry. Relax lol it is a 6 month delay.

It's the second delay. CO did it within the original timespan determined by the referendum, they did it better than the MA legislature is going to do it (I guarantee), the MA legislature has a history of indefinitely delaying referendum results six months at a time, and have been very public about the fact that they really want to kill it if at all possible and make it as bad as possible if it's not.

It's a a last gasp effort to gently caress people over and nothing less.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Moridin920 posted:

its an 18 month delay :confused:

whatever, they've already lost and they know it, they're just doing it to spite us. the dems are nothing but, well, rats.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
oh it's the second delay and they kinda snuck it through I missed that bit

yeah that's lovely then lol you guys should blast them and try to not get the re-elected

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum
I have no idea what it actually is, because there used to be two phases - one where medical marijuana was expanded to be allowed to be sold for recreational use, and a follow-up where recreational stores would be allowed to open. The January 2018 date was the original time when the second was supposed to happen. If pushed to summer 2018, that's the six month delay.

And I'm unclear if the first phase is even happening because the media reporting on this mostly hates legal weed too.

Edit: It looks like the original timeline was medical dispensaries could start selling as soon as February 2017, but weren't required to be allowed until January 2018, and then licensing for recreational stores would start in January 2018. The delay pushes the first to April 2018 and the second until July 2018.

Xenoveritas has issued a correction as of 21:15 on Dec 29, 2016

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
You should engage in meme-war disinformation and photoshop all those representatives to make it look like they are taking fat bong rips and then inundate social media in the area with it.

Probably won't do anything but I bet you at least one of them gets super buttmad about it.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

C. Everett Koop posted:

Trump: "go make america great"
Sessions: "k"
:Sessions proceeds to make any skin pigmentation darker than eggshell illegal:
Trump: "well done"

Do you mean a healthy brown/pinky egg shell like wot we have in Britain or the creepy hosed up bleached white ones you yanks have?

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

The Saurus posted:

Do you mean a healthy brown/pinky egg shell like wot we have in Britain or the creepy hosed up bleached white ones you yanks have?

lol if u dont cook with brown and white eggs together

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

The Saurus posted:

What do you think?

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
brown eggs are local eggs and local eggs are fresh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAHoxaphbEs

as is Rachael Leigh Cook :q:

Princess Di
Apr 23, 2016

by zen death robot

Your friends when you can't seem to form an original thought...

Princess Di has issued a correction as of 00:08 on Dec 30, 2016

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Pollyanna posted:

lmao at thinking democrats aren't evil loving pieces of poo poo as well

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Terror Sweat posted:

lmao at thinking democrats aren't evil loving pieces of poo poo as well
hey! some of the democrats are stupid fukken peices of poo poo not evil fukkin pieces of poo poo(:bernin:)

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Trump will destroy MA efforts, and Dems knew he would when they punted. Really lovely.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Nonsense posted:

Trump will destroy MA efforts, and Dems knew he would when they punted. Really lovely.

If they thought the Feds were going to come in they wouldn't risk the bad press to do anything about it. This is five or six people with a vendetta against the bill.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Jajahahaha

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum
And hey, look, who could have ever guessed it? Sessions is starting to crack down on states that legalized weed.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

https://twitter.com/MatthewNussbaum/status/834862032604246017

Hahahaha

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

yes

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Xenoveritas posted:

And hey, look, who could have ever guessed it? Sessions is starting to crack down on states that legalized weed.

sesh gon crack :heritage:

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Xenoveritas posted:

i'm not surprised, but what is he specifically doing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum
So far? Nothing, beyond vague hints that they intend to step up enforcement in states where it's legal. What will they actually do? Who knows. It's the Trump administration.

• Locked thread