Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

lmao owned weedhavers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

oh they're doing this to declare war on the left aren't they

ud think they push it through to sedate the weedhavers into not protesting, how hecked up is their incompetence

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
protest all you want, nobody cares when prison inmates protest

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

the reason the MA Dems are trying to kill legal weed is that a lot of them are republicans-- or would be in any other state. you can only get elected as a D in MA so conservatives just run on the D ticket. deleo in particular is closest to romney on the political compass. although he's less ideological and more a cartoonishly corrupt greedlord who thinks he's boss tweed and is going to suffer the traditional fate of ma house speakers i.e. resigning in disgrace

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

the reason the MA Dems are trying to kill legal weed is that a lot of them are republicans-- or would be in any other state. you can only get elected as a D in MA so conservatives just run on the D ticket. deleo in particular is closest to romney on the political compass. although he's less ideological and more a cartoonishly corrupt greedlord who thinks he's boss tweed and is going to suffer the traditional fate of ma house speakers i.e. resigning in disgrace

not in the glorious revolution he wont :unsmigghh:

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

Xenoveritas posted:

So far? Nothing, beyond vague hints that they intend to step up enforcement in states where it's legal. What will they actually do? Who knows. It's the Trump administration.

right this very moment, jeff sessions and president donald j trump are playing golf, and sessions is suggesting that they send in the national guard to seize and destroy all legal weed, and summarily execute all weed employers, employees, and customers. donald trupm isnt sure which states have legalized the devils lettuce, but he is agreeing nonetheless.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Xenoveritas posted:

So far? Nothing, beyond vague hints that they intend to step up enforcement in states where it's legal. What will they actually do? Who knows. It's the Trump administration.
ah i see. whatever they'll do (and they'll do something) sorta flies in the face of state's rights, small government, support for the private sector, individual liberty, support for law enforcement, and a whole host of other planks that the GOP supposedly holds dear, but the only constant in the authoritarian mind is spite. that's why Sesh wants this killed

Big Fat Iguana
Aug 21, 2016

remember. and never lie.
Don't know if it's related but the. big Box Tax Prep company I work for sent out a memo that says we're supposed to decline to do business returns for marijuana businesses even in states where it's legal, although we can still do individual returns for their employees and for people who deduct their medical marijuana. We had no such notice last year or the year before. I'm guessing such businesses may face higher scrutiny than in years past but it's all speculation.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

get that OUT of my face posted:

ah i see. whatever they'll do (and they'll do something) sorta flies in the face of state's rights, small government, support for the private sector, individual liberty, support for law enforcement, and a whole host of other planks that the GOP supposedly holds dear, but the only constant in the authoritarian mind is spite. that's why Sesh wants this killed

He wants it killed because the legalization movement is building momentum and attracting people to liberal thought. You just know those weed corps are going to be backing Dems.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Idk man libertarians are big stoners

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
Our agency just hired a bunch of people in anticipation for when legal marijuana passed in our state. All those people will be gone soon lmfao.

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

the right of the states, to have their nascent industries brutally and insanely owned by the federal government, shall not be abridged

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
it's gonna be really cool when the IRS and the DEA work together to seize the assets of "legal" weed businesses (legal is in quotes because they aren't really legal, they violate federal law)

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I think Trump will go after pot because it's real dumb.

He's real dumb.

Dumb people tend to do dumb things.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
oh no the weed not the precious weed

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
trump has gone too far and he's going to feel the wrath of the... wait what was I talking about?

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

maybe the weed-smoking "liberterians" that voted for trump would finally use their guns for anything other than poors-killing fever dreams

they'll actually take up a heroin habit instead

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

oh no the weed not the precious weed

Well the people involved and their livelihoods are the real concern but yah

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I've never smoked weed.

I am pissed as gently caress that decriminalizing pot has been such a loving ordeal.

MShadowy
Sep 30, 2013

dammit eyes don't work that way!

Fun Shoe

Eifert Posting posted:

I think Trump will go after pot because it's real dumb.

He's real dumb.

Dumb people tend to do dumb things.

Yeah; there's a couple guys in my neighborhood who seem convinced Trump won't even though the WH just they would. "Trumps a money man, he won't do that!"

No, Trumps not a money man, he's a monied moron. And he certainly is going to do a weed crackdown because Sessions is the AG; putting as many poors and minorities in jail as is physically feasible has always been that particular poo poo stains MO.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
my dealer aint worried cause their dealer aint worried - and they said if ur still worried just go get ur MMJ card.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Trump probably thought Afghani Kush was a terrorist organization

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Mariana Horchata posted:

my dealer aint worried cause their dealer aint worried - and they said if ur still worried just go get ur MMJ card.

they'll be getting rid of that too

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Jose posted:

they'll be getting rid of that too

shiet if things get that grim id prob already be on H anyways

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

2 years after WW3 people are going to find records of sessions having had hundreds of millions in the bank from heroin barons and nobody but a few people are going to see this coming, because nobody seems to notice that inbred white trash that prosecute pot and cocaine traffick heroin and meth on the regular without exception

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

bringing down the tranny menace is a state's rights issue. killing the devil's plant requires federal supremacist muscle. republicans are ghouls and inconsistent ones

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

trump has gone too far and he's going to feel the wrath of the... wait what was I talking about?

lol man yah those weed smokers sure are forgetful

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum

MShadowy posted:

Yeah; there's a couple guys in my neighborhood who seem convinced Trump won't even though the WH just they would. "Trumps a money man, he won't do that!"

No, Trumps not a money man, he's a monied moron. And he certainly is going to do a weed crackdown because Sessions is the AG; putting as many poors and minorities in jail as is physically feasible has always been that particular poo poo stains MO.

Not just that but Sessions already reversed the DOJ's stance on private prisons. Now more private prisons are a good thing, and what do you need to fill private prisons? More prisoners.

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Xenoveritas posted:

Not just that but Sessions already reversed the DOJ's stance on private prisons. Now more private prisons are a good thing, and what do you need to fill private prisons? More prisoners.

unironically and totally this
watch and see if they start arresting trannies for merely using the bathroom, that too, will result in more bodies in prison, if you look closely enough into it, there is rhyme and reason to our methods, you just have to be willing to stare for far too long into a nihilist abyss to find them

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

hell fukken YES they will

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
im just really having trouble seeing how the DEA will even be able to do anything in a place like CO without the state just completely rolling over. recreational weed shops are all over the drat place and anyone over 21 can grow however many plants. is there even any anti-legalization people still making noise in that state?

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Andrei Dorkovsky posted:

im just really having trouble seeing how the DEA will even be able to do anything in a place like CO without the state just completely rolling over. recreational weed shops are all over the drat place and anyone over 21 can grow however many plants. is there even any anti-legalization people still making noise in that state?

trump is going to write a lovely executive order while saying 'yay look at me i did a potty daddy' for the cameras, and then it will get tied up in the courts

MShadowy
Sep 30, 2013

dammit eyes don't work that way!

Fun Shoe

Andrei Dorkovsky posted:

In a practical sense, any action is totally going to be a huge shitshow as the states fight the feds over the losing their tax revenue; a friend of mine who works in the industry (among many other things he does) is speculating that it might come down to kleptocratic skimming of the tax revenues from the targeted states, which wouldn't be terribly surprising if it ended up being the case. While the federal government cannot, as far as I'm aware, legally tax something that is federally illegal I wouldn't put it past this administration to do that anyway.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
But What About My States' Rights

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

ScrubLeague posted:

According to the conservative wing of the supreme court, all drug stuff is interstate commerce. Even growing something yourself for your own consumption.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

get that OUT of my face posted:

bringing down the tranny menace is a state's rights issue. killing the devil's plant requires federal supremacist muscle. republicans are ghouls and inconsistent ones

they are pretty consistent with putting people in jail

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

Terror Sweat posted:

they are pretty consistent with putting people in jail

the prison industry and the pharmaceutical industry are far more generous to the federal government than the weed industry, the weed industry is most kind to the states' bottom line, and that is why trump and sessions will give zero fucks while trying to kill it

the good news? the states will give zero fucks while opposing it :getin:

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

Lindsey O. Graham posted:

the prison industry and the pharmaceutical industry are far more generous to the federal government than the weed industry, the weed industry is most kind to the states' bottom line, and that is why trump and sessions will give zero fucks while trying to kill it

the good news? the states will give zero fucks while opposing it :getin:

Hate to rain on your parade but Arkansas will 100% allow the feds to gently caress everything.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

ScrubLeague posted:

irrelevant when federal supremacy is better at loving over people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Civil War 2: actually its about weed rights

• Locked thread