Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Xenoveritas posted:

And hey, look, who could have ever guessed it? Sessions is starting to crack down on states that legalized weed.
i'm not surprised, but what is he specifically doing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Xenoveritas posted:

So far? Nothing, beyond vague hints that they intend to step up enforcement in states where it's legal. What will they actually do? Who knows. It's the Trump administration.
ah i see. whatever they'll do (and they'll do something) sorta flies in the face of state's rights, small government, support for the private sector, individual liberty, support for law enforcement, and a whole host of other planks that the GOP supposedly holds dear, but the only constant in the authoritarian mind is spite. that's why Sesh wants this killed

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

bringing down the tranny menace is a state's rights issue. killing the devil's plant requires federal supremacist muscle. republicans are ghouls and inconsistent ones

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

ScrubLeague posted:

But What About My States' Rights
irrelevant when federal supremacy is better at loving over people

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Jose posted:

lol anyone who thought legal weed was going to stay under trump

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...tm_term=nprnews
the ironic thing about being such a staunch police ally is that a decent chunk of law enforcement thinks that going after weed is a waste of time, money, and resources. support for law enforcement, Jeff!

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Mariana Horchata posted:

also im glad doandl trumps bro drank himself dead by age 50 ofc yes weed is totally the problem
i think this is one issue of many that trump doesn't care about and is just letting someone in his staff handle it. but it just so happens that sessions is bizarrely anti-weed

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

trump is unpopular as hell but he doesn't care, it's not going to stop him and his cronies from trying to make the country into their white supremacist image. if only democrats had a similar view, the last Dem president to lead good policy regardless of consequences was LBJ. and even then, that stubbornness kept him in Vietnam

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

ScrubLeague posted:

I mean that's basically the only thing Trump cares about
yeah true, so i'll rephrase that: trump's unpopularity will not stop him from doing all sorts of horrendous and irresponsible poo poo. he's extremely stupid and thinks that this is the sort of poo poo people want

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

honestly I'm just bemused that this one particular aspect of Trump and Sessions wiping their asses with other people's lives gets a Very Serious Concerned Thread
considering how much bank it makes for Colorado and Washington, it's well beyond just weed that's the problem. Denver and Seattle haven't become paganistic hellholes ever since it became legal to sell

and then there's the whole "non-interference in the private sector" thing that the GOP supposedly considers sacred, as well as the fact that "state's rights" is how the administration wants to deal with stepping on transgender rights. yeah, yeah, authoritarianism is inherently contradictory and all that, but it's very prominent hypocrisy of words nonetheless

get that OUT of my face has issued a correction as of 00:00 on Mar 4, 2017

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

can't wait for the patriots to become trump's official team in the same way that real madrid was franco's official team

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Michael Corleone posted:

I did not know that T-Brads rocked the MAGA cap, but I always liked him and all of his and the Pats haters are just jealous that their team is not as good as them.
or maybe it's because he's a smug piece of poo poo with a punchable face and the most annoying fans in the world, even before he was boosting trump. also, i'm a Giants fan, and we beat his team twice, so i have no need to be jealous

bringing it back to weed, i smoked some of it to get over the horrible week 1 loss the giants had a couple seasons ago

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Xenoveritas posted:

It's real, both Brady and Belichick are Trump supporters.
and Robert Kraft. i can't wait for the Patriots to be the American equivalent of Real Madrid in Franco's Spain

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

smoke sumthin bitch posted:

there used to be several videos on youtube of trump talking about how the drug war is a complete failure and that we should legalise and tax every drug. I swear i cant find em anywhere i think they've been wiped off the face of the internet
i don't doubt that they exist(ed), but you're talking about a man who once said that the scottish healthcare system is something we should strive for before he started this whole shitstorm. trump has no innate beliefs of his own

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

right now it seems sessions is far more focused on rounding up and spreading fear about illegals. he demanded the NYPD arrest over 100 of them and get them ready for deportation, and to their credit, they refused, because explicit quotas are illegal as gently caress (they still have them but they try to be hush-hush about it)

nonetheless, anti-weed hysteria is still going to be on the agenda at some point

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Best Giraffe posted:

Is legal weed dead yet?
not yet, give it time

right, also forgot that sessions is really gung-ho on gangs while wrapping it up under the guise of xenophobia and racism

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

for a guy who probably says that the civil war was about state's rights, sessions sure is using his position as AG to ensure heavy handed federal supremacy

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

ScrubLeague posted:

He only likes heavy handed federal supremacy when it's used to subjugate coloreds.
the hard right isn't hypocritical because they run on spite, and they'll go with whatever path is better at loving over people better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

the black husserl posted:

this thread doesn't get bumped enough

cause Sessions is gearing up to KILL LEGAL WEED NEXT WEEK

click here for the gory deets
with sessions on thin ice with trump, it's truly a race against time

• Locked thread