Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

hobbesmaster posted:

They don't even need to raid the dispensaries, they just need to subpoena the state governments.

which results in a multi-year court battle with no real resolution

CA in particular is already pretty much saying gently caress you to the federal gov't I doubt they're just going to hand over medical data like that.

http://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/capitol-alert/article120928688.html

Moridin920 has issued a correction as of 20:27 on Dec 19, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Squalid posted:

There's hardly even any organized opposition to speak of, almost no real money is being put up against legalization

actually cigarette + alcohol companies lobby against it heavily (i'm sure you can imagine why :) ) as do religious groups (like the mormons)

also,

quote:

How can there be such a disconnect between what people want and their elected government is willing to do?

been a while since we've had a good watering of the tree of liberty or something idk

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
NCR and proud

:ca:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Pollyanna posted:

actually no, I'm loving pissed about this because there's literally no reason to be so fucker about this, what the hell dems?

why???? why what is the point???????

It probably takes some time to come up with licensing and taxation and regulation for an entire new industry. Relax lol it is a 6 month delay.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
oh it's the second delay and they kinda snuck it through I missed that bit

yeah that's lovely then lol you guys should blast them and try to not get the re-elected

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
You should engage in meme-war disinformation and photoshop all those representatives to make it look like they are taking fat bong rips and then inundate social media in the area with it.

Probably won't do anything but I bet you at least one of them gets super buttmad about it.

• Locked thread