Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

yeah, the "starbucks" comparison is intentional. it only took two years of it being legal before a corporate chain rose up to snuff out all ma and pa weed stores with it's fancy website/app and cute baristas budtenders. plus the 50 dollar Lyft credit you get for shopping there thanks to its corporate sponsorship

that was Obama's America :patriot:

so yeah, maybe in Trump's America things will go so haywire that the feds starts doing busts of dispensaries again like the days of old. however, I remember the videos of Bush's men kicking down doors of sketchy looking MMJ shops in run down shopping malls with the bars on the windows. It'd be a much different optics to have social media flooded with vids of DEA guys helicoptering in, breaking into classy storefronts, and arresting a bunch of college kids working a counter to supplement their student loans while businessmen, grandmas, and a confused group of Japanese tourists look on

ultimately Trump is a money guy, and that green talks. I don't think that his appointing cranky racist old dude to AG is going to be the bullet that kills an extremely well-established and entrenched multi-million dollar business

See, where you see a multi million dollar business Sessions sees a continuing criminal enterprise. They don't even need to raid the dispensaries, they just need to subpoena the state governments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

The Saurus posted:

You're planning to invade Canada? Or do you seriously think they'll rise up against a PM as dreamy as Justin Trudeau for your granola chicks?

54 40' or fight!

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

FlamingLiberal posted:

Going to require some pretty substantial effort to catch up with the Philippines

He'll need to appoint a lot of Judges, yes.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

ScrubLeague posted:

But What About My States' Rights

According to the conservative wing of the supreme court, all drug stuff is interstate commerce. Even growing something yourself for your own consumption.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Xenoveritas posted:

Trump desperately wants people to like him, but by the same token, he wants to punish those who don't. If you don't fall in line behind Trump, then as far as he cares, you're the enemy.

The states that legalized weed all voted against Trump. The idea that he won't let Sessions punish them for that is hilarious: of course he will.

Likewise there's no way Sessions is going to be removed. The GOP fought hard to get him there and get their voter ID laws upheld, there's no way they're giving up on that.

We'll find out soon if "lol nothing matters" applies to aiding an enemy government as a sitting senator.

If that doesn't matter, then raiding state governments or whatever really doesn't!

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

So heroin isn't that bad then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

smoke sumthin bitch posted:

there used to be several videos on youtube of trump talking about how the drug war is a complete failure and that we should legalise and tax every drug. I swear i cant find em anywhere i think they've been wiped off the face of the internet

You say this like Trump cares or even knows what the DEA is doing.

• Locked thread