Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Fat Iguana
Aug 21, 2016

remember. and never lie.
If he tries to crack down on weed Cascadia will rise and the Pacific Northwest will be finally free

:patriot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Fat Iguana
Aug 21, 2016

remember. and never lie.

The Saurus posted:

If Cascadia broke free, it would only ever be as part of a nation with california or under the control of a stronger california.

Are WA and OR some of the few places you're allowed to like guns and weed?

Yeah. Got to protect the grow opps somehow.

But your leaving out British Columbia, which has always been a part of Cascadia. Mind they aren't fond of guns either but maybe we can convert them. It should balance out California anyway.

Big Fat Iguana
Aug 21, 2016

remember. and never lie.

The Saurus posted:

You're planning to invade Canada? Or do you seriously think they'll rise up against a PM as dreamy as Justin Trudeau for your granola chicks?

I think they would naturally join us during the glorious revolution

Big Fat Iguana
Aug 21, 2016

remember. and never lie.
Realtalk while I like Cascadia it would take the US and Canada and probably the whole world falling to pieces to make it happen which I wouldn't like, so instead we just fly the Doug Fir during Timber games and dream of better days

Big Fat Iguana
Aug 21, 2016

remember. and never lie.

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Does cascadia annex Vancouver or does it secede from Canada on its own

When the nuclear fallout from WWIII subsides its less about annexation or secession and more about building a new and better society :greenangel:

Big Fat Iguana
Aug 21, 2016

remember. and never lie.
Don't know if it's related but the. big Box Tax Prep company I work for sent out a memo that says we're supposed to decline to do business returns for marijuana businesses even in states where it's legal, although we can still do individual returns for their employees and for people who deduct their medical marijuana. We had no such notice last year or the year before. I'm guessing such businesses may face higher scrutiny than in years past but it's all speculation.

Big Fat Iguana
Aug 21, 2016

remember. and never lie.
Trump will kill "legal" weed

1. Weed is still illegal federally

2. Which means any federal department that deals in any way with weed can crack down on it

3. Not just the DEA, can be the FBI and even agencies like the IRS

4. Don't think the IRS can't do anything? Well, think again! While illegal income must still be reported (either as misc income or on a Schedule C, & don't forget Self-Employment tax) you aren't allowed to deduct business expenses. So a state-legal marijuana dispensary can't deduct rent. Or utilities. Or the cost of supplies and materials. Or employee's wages. Make $1,000,000 in gross sales but spend $900,000 for the cost of doing business? A normal corner store would only need to pay taxes on that $100,000 difference, YOu on th other hand, must pay taxes on the whole Million dollars.

5. Under the Obsma administration most dispensaries have been skating by while claiming business expanses illegally, and the IRS has, for the most part, been allowing them to do that. But for how long?as I noted in a previous post some Big Bix tax preparation companies are backed no away from marijuana business. They see them as a liability that will be audited, and don't want that issue and are point blank refusing.

6. Not being able to claim business expenses is enough to kill marijuana dispensaries without any need for law enforcement to get involved

I don't have any other bullet points and obviously there are other things that can happen with other agencies. But marijuana dispensaries are already under pressure because they have to use shell companies for banking. The IRS has the potential to make things so much worse for thrm

Big Fat Iguana
Aug 21, 2016

remember. and never lie.

get that OUT of my face posted:

i think this is one issue of many that trump doesn't care about and is just letting someone in his staff handle it. but it just so happens that sessions is bizarrely anti-weed

Nothing bizarre about it, fear mongering over weed was a dog whistle for race-mixing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Fat Iguana
Aug 21, 2016

remember. and never lie.

Someone tell him opiates are widely prescribed by doctors

• Locked thread