Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Xenoveritas posted:

Not just that but Sessions already reversed the DOJ's stance on private prisons. Now more private prisons are a good thing, and what do you need to fill private prisons? More prisoners.

unironically and totally this
watch and see if they start arresting trannies for merely using the bathroom, that too, will result in more bodies in prison, if you look closely enough into it, there is rhyme and reason to our methods, you just have to be willing to stare for far too long into a nihilist abyss to find them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Andrei Dorkovsky posted:

im just really having trouble seeing how the DEA will even be able to do anything in a place like CO without the state just completely rolling over. recreational weed shops are all over the drat place and anyone over 21 can grow however many plants. is there even any anti-legalization people still making noise in that state?

trump is going to write a lovely executive order while saying 'yay look at me i did a potty daddy' for the cameras, and then it will get tied up in the courts

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

Terror Sweat posted:

they are pretty consistent with putting people in jail

the prison industry and the pharmaceutical industry are far more generous to the federal government than the weed industry, the weed industry is most kind to the states' bottom line, and that is why trump and sessions will give zero fucks while trying to kill it

the good news? the states will give zero fucks while opposing it :getin:

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

C. Everett Koop posted:

The rhyme and reason is having as many black men in chains as possible.

:ssh: i'm trying to let people do the work on this math problem, if you just give them the answer, they accuse you of idpol
one day leftists will learn, or keep losing elections :smugjones:

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

whomupclicklike posted:

Hate to rain on your parade but Arkansas will 100% allow the feds to gently caress everything.

i was referring to blue states, i forgot to make that clear

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

breaklaw posted:

I think this is\will be more of a symbolic thing than a real enforcement initiative. I know people here say they don't believe in political capital anymore but for them to bee seen "solving" a problem that is already solved by federalism right now would be crazy. There's WAY bigger fish to fry. Shutting down a weed store in Colorado does nothing for an unemployed factory worker in Ohio and can't even be spun as such.

I think this is all coming from Sessions and even he won't pull the trigger when the times comes. Maybe do one or two operations if he can find a way to tie it to The Children, but going in and shutting down the whole industry? No way, they may be stupid but their not that stupid. Bannon would try and talk Trump out of it if it became too real.

there are too many assumptions here, that trump is smart enough to know about, or care about political capital, that sessions is smart enough to recognize a weed ban as an uphill battle, that Bannon would care either way

this is the reason and order free timeline, so reason and order have a hard time entering into the equation when predicting trumpian behavior

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

:same:

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

call to action posted:

Glad you're finally understanding politics.

yep, that's the gist of it, of that i'm certain

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

MaxxBot posted:

You're right, that doesn't help. But there is one man, just one, who can help...

Jeb!

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

MaxxBot posted:

idg why the keelber elves oppose legal weed when I bet cookie sales would skyrocket

because the keebler elves have long ago moved on to selling smack

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

zen death robot posted:

That pivot is happening any day now right?!!!?!?

:roflolmao:

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

logikv9 posted:

actually trump will make weed legal and also introduce single payer healthcare

:kiss:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

the black husserl posted:

mark my words before this poo poo poo poo is over I will find a way to successfully roll up and smoke Jeff Sessions

i wannna believe this very badly

• Locked thread