Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Harveygod posted:

I could take it either way, to be frank.

On one hand, ruining people's lives over Marijuana is a waste of resources.

On the other hand, "lol gently caress stoners" is actually a pretty appealing argument.

To who, you? Republican voters don't really care anymore.

Even in the depths of awful right-wing twitter I have yet to see a single person express excitement about an oncoming Sessions war on weed, it's not an issue that animates the base any more if it ever really did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

I'm not sure if a big war on weed would have a significant effect on the 2018 or 2020 elections but I bet it would lead to more states legalizing it in protest.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

Al! posted:

as long as middle class white kids are largely spared from the fallout of the wod, dems and their voters are cool with it

The voters overwhelmingly support legalization and a lot of them aren't cool with it, they just don't have any other choice when the opposition party is even more rabidly pro-drug war.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

Al! posted:

oh sure they support legalization but you kno, its nbd cuz i can get weed when i want it and nobody i know has been hurt by it

Almost everyone under 30 I know cares about it and I know plenty of people who have been hurt by it who aren't poor or black, Dem politicians just don't really care much about what millenials think especially when they vote at a low rate.

The age factor definitely has a role in this, a lot of the establishment Dems are old as poo poo and have antiquated views of weed, even Obama to some extent.

MaxxBot has issued a correction as of 17:15 on Dec 16, 2016

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

Are you really gonna sit here and tell me that middle class white millenials don't care enough about weed?

The felony thing is disingenuous as hell too since even a minor drug charge can have major effects on your employment prospects.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

Roylicious posted:

Well I think that you think people hate weed like it is still 1999 :shrug:

Goons have a certain knee-jerk pessimism, 10 years ago on this forum at least half of the posters were adamant that weed would never be legal in the US.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

Politicians are old and there's a huge age divide with opinions on weed. Also the law enforcement and prison guard unions are pretty influential. Governor Dayton in MN just flat out said he'd defer to whatever law enforcement told him to do on the subject.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

Ace of Baes posted:

It's much easier to keep worms in a can if they're already in there.

Also support for legalization is way higher now than it was then, as much as people insist that this doesn't matter.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

You're right, that doesn't help. But there is one man, just one, who can help...

Jeb!

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

idg why the keelber elves oppose legal weed when I bet cookie sales would skyrocket

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

zen death robot posted:

That pivot is happening any day now right?!!!?!?

You know there might actually be a pivot, to the right! Priebus is the only thing keeping him from going full TRUMP, if he goes then we get this.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/785842546878578688

• Locked thread