Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.
I've probably said it before but Sessions was put on to be the immigration hawk not the weed warrior and that is what he will spend his time on. Tennessee will probably pass medical and Michigan, New Jersey, and the rest of New England might go legal in 2017. Medical is a juggernaut.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

GlyphGryph posted:

The problem, as always, is that despite most of the Democratic base opposing it, most of the Democratic politicians would actually support this happening, so they'll be quiet lest they ruin "one of the few good things" the administration is doing.

Why are the democrats so bad a partisan politics? When Obama was bombing Libya Fox News turned into Human Rights Watch just because it was someone else who got to do the bombing.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

Bushiz posted:

Weed's not romantic tho. You can't have some big story about how great recreational weed. There's no crying 80 year old gay couples getting married with weed legalization, it's just a 20 something dude in a bowtie that starts every sentence with "actually, studies show" and the GOP benefits of keeping it as illegal as possible are numerous, since white america doesn't give a poo poo about black people in prison.

Have you seen the videos of seizing children and Parkinsons riddled grandpas walking around with no symptoms after eating a magic brownie? It's why weed is legal in 2/3rds of the country.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

GlyphGryph posted:

The democratic administration just pushed through rescheduling hemp oil to schedule 1 nationally, and a great many democrats are saying they would be willing to work with Trump on shared interests.

There is no way the Democrats are going to criticize Trump or Sessions if they kick the drug war into a higher gear

It's not really the Obama administration, the DEA has its own regulatory powers.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

Xenoveritas posted:

And if anyone thought Democrats would fight them on this, the MA state senate just pushed back the date of legalization in MA to mid-2018. It was supposed to start next month.

They pushed back the opening of dispensaries from Jan 2018 to July 2018, legalization already happened on Dec 15th. I don't even understand how they can pass a law without a certain percentage of the legislature present.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

Nonsense posted:

Trump will destroy MA efforts, and Dems knew he would when they punted. Really lovely.

If they thought the Feds were going to come in they wouldn't risk the bad press to do anything about it. This is five or six people with a vendetta against the bill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

smoke sumthin bitch posted:

there used to be several videos on youtube of trump talking about how the drug war is a complete failure and that we should legalise and tax every drug. I swear i cant find em anywhere i think they've been wiped off the face of the internet

There are videos of Dick Cheney saying that trying to occupy Iraq is a fools errand. Hypocrisy and contradiction are irrelevant to politics.

• Locked thread