Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

hell fukken YES they will

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

honestly I'm just bemused that this one particular aspect of Trump and Sessions wiping their asses with other people's lives gets a Very Serious Concerned Thread

it actually makes perfect sense that ppl would be especially concerned about getting locked up for a drug that almost everybody does

not a lot of undocumented immigrants on these forums but probably a lot of weed smokers you feel me?

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

mark my words before this poo poo poo poo is over I will find a way to successfully roll up and smoke Jeff Sessions

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

hell loving yeah he's going to try, Sessions is currently asking Congress to strip protections on medical marijuana providers so can lynch them or something

quote:

Attorney General Jeff Sessions is asking congressional leaders to undo federal medical-marijuana protections that have been in place since 2014, according to a May letter that became public Monday.

The protections, known as the Rohrabacher-Farr amendment, prohibit the Justice Department from using federal funds to prevent certain states "from implementing their own State laws that authorize the use, distribution, possession or cultivation of medical marijuana."

In his letter, first obtained by Tom Angell of Massroots.com and verified independently by The Washington Post, Sessions argued that the amendment would "inhibit [the Justice Department's] authority to enforce the Controlled Substances Act."

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

this thread doesn't get bumped enough

cause Sessions is gearing up to KILL LEGAL WEED NEXT WEEK

click here for the gory deets

quote:

Trump's DOJ gears up for crackdown on marijuana

The Trump administration is readying for a crackdown on marijuana users under Attorney General Jeff Sessions.

President Trump’s Task Force on Crime Reduction and Public Safety, led by Sessions, is expected to release a report next week that criminal justice reform advocates fear will link marijuana to violent crime and recommend tougher sentences for those caught growing, selling and smoking the plant.

On Wednesday, Sessions reportedly re-established a controversial criminal asset seizure program ahead of the committee’s recommendations.

Local law enforcement leaders say a crackdown appears to be next, though they argue there’s no need for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

breaklaw posted:

Weed doesn't have to be legal anyway. The decriminalization states are doing right in my opinion. And cops enforcing drug laws in a racist way has always and will always happen, if you don't like it you should blame your mayor not the President or the Attorney General.

this is an extremely bad and dumb opinion, like one of the worst ones i've ever read

you do know that in the decrim states weed is an "arrest this black/latino person for free" card right? decrim is bullshit, its the war on drugs for everybody except upper class white people

Legalize It

• Locked thread