Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
I took a weedjob over the election and they have no lack of momentum. Current vibe is that if they do touch it, they'll federally legalize so they can slap 7% on top or whatever. They love money over all, epileptic kids being basically cured by CBD are very powerful stories in the media right now, and they don't need weed to be illegal to detain and shoot brown ppl any more.

(spouse works in weed too so we are kind of putting money where mouth is)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Bushiz posted:

Weed's not romantic tho. You can't have some big story about how great recreational weed. There's no crying 80 year old gay couples getting married with weed legalization, it's just a 20 something dude in a bowtie that starts every sentence with "actually, studies show" and the GOP benefits of keeping it as illegal as possible are numerous, since white america doesn't give a poo poo about black people in prison.

Dmitri-9 posted:

Have you seen the videos of seizing children and Parkinsons riddled grandpas walking around with no symptoms after eating a magic brownie? It's why weed is legal in 2/3rds of the country.

extremely this. i was a mmj hater until i saw some fruity smelling high potency topicals completely replace opiates to deal with the plate in my wife's foot. Stuff works.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Roylicious posted:

Okay, but what could they actually do? At most they can order the DEA to pursue heavy enforcement but without local PD cooperation that's going to be very ineffectual.

There cannot be local PD cooperation in legal-weed states. If you want to enforce a federal law, you have to send federal agents. Denver PD and CO State Patrol will tell them to kick rocks.

This is one big why Trump can't nutcrack us on this. Where is the money going to come from for these thousands of agents to go bust rich white guys with goatees that own grows/shops?

Also, home growing is very popular and the thought of Trump sending federal agents bashing down every single individual door (remember you can rec grow in CO and other states just by being a resident, they don't "have a list" of these people) to try to pull some scraggly plants out is hilarious on many levels and will never happen.

Jonny 290 has issued a correction as of 20:10 on Dec 16, 2016

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Nobody will ever convince me that Dog Chapman wasn't the biggest ice dealer on the Big Island.

• Locked thread