Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal

Modest Mouse cover band posted:

2017 Goals:
* Save $14,000 in cash $10,000 currently
* Invest $1,000 in Vanguard ETFs $400 currently (counting contributions only)
* Continue alcohol sobriety nope
* Quit smoking not yet
* Stretch - Finalize piecework contract with company I've been working with to begin side gig. Finished.

e:

:69snypa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

End of Feb update

Guest2553 posted:

My big picture goals for the year are to increase family net worth to 220K and stick to a budget. We currently have about 180K between savings/roth/401 and are aiming to save ~24k, throw our
~10k tax return at it (we went from zero to maxed 401k after sitting on a lot of cash), and expecting 5-6k in gainz/dividends. Only managed to save 1k this month due to babby stuff - furniture, carseat, and ordering food a couple times because of pregnancy ickyness. We also have to replace current kid's carseat after discovering some damage to it (thanks united) and my wife's 7 year old computer is hitting the end of its life, so our 1500 shortfall will widen a bit. On the other hand my tax return is about 1000 higher than expected and I'll be getting grossing a couple hundred more a month after a small raise in May, so I might be able to catch up later this year.

I recently moved from lovely public housing (which allowed me to save like a boss) to an actual house worth living in (which costs twice as much but allows me to actually like where I am). Between that and an imminent babby expenses will go up, but I want to keep spending under control and know where my money is going. I fell off the wagon and am a week change behind in budgeting due to a huge tempo increase at work. We have good control of our spending and the end of month numbers added up, so I'm not gonna sweat it and just try again next month.

Stretch goal is to develop some sort of side hustle. on hold, but still pondering a couple solid ideas.

Non-financial goal is to regularly work out to get (back) in shape, also to maintain some semblance of work/life balance. Work/life balance ran into a wall a couple weeks ago because of some gigantic projects with quick turn times. It's a great challenge and I like the work, but it's had me working late or bringing stuff home to meet the schedule. I've had to drop a workout or two a week because of the mental fatigue, but am still regularly working and am down like 15 pounds total since Dec :toot: I'll surge through it for another couple weeks before trying to shed some work. Probably gonna get a good review out of it though and promotions are good with money.

Guest2553 fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Mar 8, 2017

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007
I'm always late to the party.

2017 Goals:

* Already maxed out both of our 2017 Roth IRAs
* Save $35,000 by end of year for house down payment ($40,000 stretch goal)
* Get a raise at work (hopefully $10k)
* Decide on a place to move (Leaving California for a better COL environment and raise a family. Have already visited a few options)
* Get work to allow me to be 100% remote (transitioning from being at the office every day to 60% (3 days a week) starting in April. Plan is to keep my job for the move)
* Stretch Goal - Save for 2018 Roth IRA

Proposition Castle
Aug 9, 2004
Witty message goes here.

Proposition Castle posted:

With two paychecks in 2016 left the loan payment is down to $1100. Edit: after submitting the recalculation request the payment is $1050

I SAY, gently caress YOU JO-BOU, I DO IT MYSELF.

new 2017 goal: Dave Ramsey the gently caress out of the rest of the loans. $62000 to go.

Down to $47,700 and my discipline is cracking real bad. Also I hate my job and am really close to walking out.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

dreesemonkey posted:

2017, like most of my annual goals are not very challenging. We make ok money, have a mortgage but no other debt, two kids in daycare, and we're saving moderately for retirement and kid's education so I feel we're hitting all the high points.

2017 Goals
1. Continue moderate retirement / 529 savings
2. Acquire a newer ~$20k vehicle for me. Fullsize truck or SUV to replace our second car / truck (both vehicles high miles and truck cannot fit family). Hoping to only finance about half of it. Have ~$3500 saved thus far.
3. $1200 in principal-only mortgage payments
4. Bump up emergency fund to $15k From about $13k
5. Stretch goal: Pay off newly acquired vehicle from step 2.

Updates:
2. Acquire a newer ~$20k vehicle for me.
5. Stretch goal: Pay off newly acquired vehicle from step 2.

Bought a car for < $10k, so both of these are killed. Going cheap is going to allow us to do some home improvements this year. Right now trying to sell the car that we've replaced.

TouchyMcFeely
Aug 21, 2006

High five! Hell yeah!

Also I hate my job and am really close to walking out.

Noooooo don't! Don't do it don't do it don't do it!

Find new job then walk out. The last thing you want to do (unless you have an alternative plan) is to quit before you have something else arranged.

I'm in the same boat and it's really friggin' hard to not throw up the double middle fingers and holler, "later bitches!"

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

TouchyMcFeely posted:

Noooooo don't! Don't do it don't do it don't do it!

Find new job then walk out. The last thing you want to do (unless you have an alternative plan) is to quit before you have something else arranged.

I'm in the same boat and it's really friggin' hard to not throw up the double middle fingers and holler, "later bitches!"

P much this. I have a side freelancing job that I'm using to pay off loans/build up savings that's really pissed me off lately, but I'm sticking with it (and even spending my Saturday night doing it right now!) because I want to pay the gently caress out of this debt. Don't give up!

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

Down to $47,700 and my discipline is cracking real bad. Also I hate my job and am really close to walking out.

This is the toughest part of being in debt. You have less freedom to choose what you do. If you really want to leave you should line up another job prior to resigning.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

The Big Jesus posted:

I didn't make any goals for last year but still managed to get decent things done. Hopefully I can do better with some goals!

1) Max Roth IRA
2) Max HSA
3) Put enough in 401(k) for company match
4) Get emergency fund to $7500
5) Figure out where I should put my emergency fund.
6a) Get into an MBA program
6b) Get a couple roommates
7) Get down to 175 lbs before my buddy's wedding at the end of May. Slim fit suit here I come... (Literal stretch goal: before my brother's wedding at the end of April)

1) done
2) done
3) done
4) done
5) still gotta figure where to put it. Thinking vanguard mutual fund
6a) done
6b) half done. Got somebody moving in April 1 who plans to stay at least a year. Plan on adding a second roommate in July/August (hopefully somebody from my program)
7) getting close. Weighed in at 183 this morning. Hitting the gym 5x/week until I make it.

Proposition Castle
Aug 9, 2004
Witty message goes here.
Thanks for the replies everyone! I'll spend my vacation trying to find something new.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

The Big Jesus posted:

5) still gotta figure where to put it. Thinking vanguard mutual fund

Bro, it's not an emergency fund if it's risk-exposed. Your emergency fund - literally the financial cushion between you and ruination - should be cash or short term cash-stable equivalents, and should contain at least several months of living expenses. If it's more than that, by all means invest, but make sure you're not going to take a 20% haircut if the market drops.

If you have family to lean on, it might shrink this pot a little, but one of the hallmarks of balanced finances is that you're okay only drawing 2% on your emergency fund because you realize that the highly correlated nature of financial slowdowns and meltdowns will destroy you if you get cute with your emergency fund. (You don't lose your job in a boom).

EAT FASTER!!!!!! fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Mar 14, 2017

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
One of the most common times you need an emergency fund (job loss) tends to coincide with 20/40/60% stock market drops.

Your emergency fund has a very important job of providing security against all forms of the unexpected. Don't ask it to quit and take a new job as Long Term Savings.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

Bro, it's not an emergency fund if it's risk-exposed. Your emergency fund - literally the financial cushion between you and ruination - should be cash or short term cash-stable equivalents, and should contain at least several months of living expenses. If it's more than that, by all means invest, but make sure you're not going to take a 20% haircut if the market drops.

If you have family to lean on, it might shrink this pot a little, but one of the hallmarks of balanced finances is that you're okay only drawing 2% on your emergency fund because you realize that the highly correlated nature of financial slowdowns and meltdowns will destroy you if you get cute with your emergency fund. (You don't lose your job in a boom).

You could lose your job in a boom but you'll be able to get a new one relatively quickly. It's not the job loss that kills you, it's the long-duration unemployment.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

I was going some account maintenance today and was pleasantly surprised to see my net worth broke the 200K mark. Even though I'm only worth like 500 bucks more than yesterday and the difference is all because of market activity outside of my control, it's a pretty sweet psychological milestone. Not as cool as good as breaking the $0 barrier though :colbert:

Tarry onwards, goons :salute:

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

Omne posted:

Omne's 2017 Financial Goals!
1. No. New. Debt.
2. Increase 401k contributions to 12% (from 10%)
3. Pay off remainder of furniture loan ($1488)
4. Build emergency fund to $12,500 (from $8,200)
5. Lower the 6.8% student loan to $7,500 (from $11,600)

Stretches:
6. Lower the student loan to $5,000
7. Build medium-term savings fund to $2,000

There are two potential events that could upend these, but I'm sticking to them for now!

1st Quarter Update:

1) On track!
2) Done! Started with the higher contribution 3/15 paycheck
3) Done! Paid off March 1st
4) Emergency fund at $9,722.30
5) Loan is at $11,050. This will get started more in April now that the furniture has been paid off.

6 and 7 not yet started

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup
Got my emergency fund to my goal of $7500. Now to start throwing all the money that was budgeted for the emergency fund each month at my student loan debt!

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

BAE OF PIGS posted:

Got my emergency fund to my goal of $7500. Now to start throwing all the money that was budgeted for the emergency fund each month at my student loan debt!

Keep up the good work, Bae.

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

Devian666 posted:

I skipped last years goals due to things being too hosed and unpredictable with the infamous retaining wall of doom that I needed to have built. All the payments and debt relating to that were wiped out in December so it's a good time to get back on track.

My focus is back on my pitiful retirement savings: total retirement savings $36k

Retirement savings goal for EoY: $86k

Side goal: refinance the other half of my mortgage from 27 years to 15 years remaining.

Retirement savings $68k.

House refinancing will probably happen within the next two weeks.

Rick Rickshaw
Feb 21, 2007

I am not disappointed I lost the PGA Championship. Nope, I am not.
I'm updating on a "when I feel like it" schedule. Time for a random update!

Rick Rickshaw posted:

Current Figures:
Retirement Funds: $114k
House Equity: $41k
Non-Mortgage Debt: $0
Net Worth: $155k

2017 Goals:
1. Increase net worth to 210k. (This seems insane, but this is just what my spreadsheet tells me should happen. Depends on 10% stock market gain).
The market has been roaring so far this year, so I'm apparently ahead of schedule on this. At 173k now.
2. Max RRSP & TFSA again
Maxed TFSA. Waiting until year end to max RRSP.
3. Start brewing beer again, allowing for cheap fun with friends
Still being lazy on this one. I really need to get around to this...
4. Maybe buy one more bike @ -$1000~ and sell two others (+$400). Ideally this will be my only non-regular purchase aside from gifts and some home reno supplies...nothing major, hopefully.
I beat the bike thing! I don't need another bike after all, and I'll still be selling two of my current bikes. So I'll be down to 3, and one is really just a backup bike. Yay for being sorta normal.
I've spent some money on renos so far, but not a lot. Might spend another grand before the year is up, hard to say.

5. Gain 10 pounds. Currently 142.
Already at 150. Not sure what % of the gain is muscle, but definitely some. A revised goal should be more like "gain 30 lbs" at the rate I'm going. Hopefully I can keep this up, bros. Chest day eva-ree-day.

Rick Rickshaw fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Mar 20, 2017

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
A little late on this month, but here we go.

February Update

2017 Goals
Increase Emergency Fund to 1 month after-tax income - $6K - Up to $1,500 (had to pull a little to cover the overspending this month)
Increase Monthly Savings rate to $250/mo (based on 2 paycheck months, leave 2 'extra' paychecks for savings/projects) - Overspent by $274 this month. Lots of family birthdays and Valentines day threw the budget off. This has not been an uncommon occurrence in our budget life. Which we need to change!
Increase 401k Match to 3% by year-end - No movement, waiting to free up more cash flow / get annual raise
Begin Side Hustle to generate at least $250/mo in income - Cranking up travel hacking hobby which will on average produce around $150-200 per month throughout the year after paying annual fees and other expenses. Brought in $57 this month (not included in above number, keeping all the funds internal to pay for future expenses for it)
Question all assumptions and look for opportunities to make big headway - I'm certain that this will be a controversial topic, but after much deliberation my wife and I decided to repurpose our children's 529 plans to cover some of the outstanding debt that we have that is preventing us from making headway each month. By doing so, we are able to free up :siren: $550/month :siren: which we absolutely cannot and will not use for lifestyle inflation. The main idea we had was that the stronger we get now the more able we will be able to cash flow their college if needed. The future is bright for my income at my company over the next ten years so we'll likely be able to replenish the funds anyway. It felt awkward to be continuing to pay down my own college education while struggling to save for theirs.

Stretch Goals
Increase Monthly Savings rate to $500/mo (based on 2 paycheck months, leave 2 'extra' paychecks for savings/projects) -
Begin Side Hustle to generate at least $500/mo in income -
Increase Emergency Fund to 2 month income - $12K -

Looking ahead to March, this will be an interesting month. This is the month that tax returns and my annual bonus hit our budget as well as we are taking a family vacation to Disney World (60% already paid for out of my wife's side business). I put into place the cash flow saving ideas but those will really hit in April. Should start seeing aggressive saving then!

TraderStav fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Mar 20, 2017

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

Rick Rickshaw posted:

I'm updating on a "when I feel like it" schedule. Time for a random update!

I think this is the best process for some. I'm only reporting relevant updates. If nothing has happened there's nothing for me to report.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

2017 Goals:
Save $2,000/mo towards house downpayment fund - on track
Move to a place with same or lower rent wherever I end up moving TBD, August
Max 401K on track
Save $500/mo in taxable brokerage nothing done yet, have just configured auto deposit monthly
Max IRA nothing done yet, have just configured auto deposit monthly
Net worth goal: $225,000 currently at 198K, based on defined savings plan above should be at $247K in December.
Net worth stretch goal: $250,000

Non monetary:
Get engaged woo got ring now 4 proposal
go on a cool vacation tbd

Stretch goal:
If I move somewhere with a garage and if I receive a higher than expected bonus in 2017 ($60k target), and if I have met all my other goals, set aside $20,000 for the acquisition of a Serie 1 Lancia Fulvia 1.3. currently my performance against my bonus criteria indicates that i will get a very good bonus. fingers crossed!

KYOON GRIFFEY JR fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Mar 22, 2017

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

End of Quarter 1 Update!
New tales of BWM lay within!

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

By end of Q1:
- Down to 2 credit cards, neither carrying any interest. froze all our old cards, now cash-backing with 2 further cards
- Savings to 16k. ahead of schedule

By end of Q2:
- Personal CC debt free. on track
- Savings to 32k. on track

By end of Q3:
- Wife private student loan retired. half done already

By end of Q4:
- MBA Tuition paid in full developing... :drudge:
- Our 403 (b)s fully funded. still working on getting them to do this

Yearly Goals:
- No new debt. spectacular failure! new (to me) car purchased!
- Be promoted to clinical assistant professor (slight pay raise).

Things we will not try to do:
- Mess around with the car situation - I’m happy with the car that I bought for my wife, although it was expensive and has a high monthly payment, it is under warranty and it feels safe for her and my daughter to get around. no! how foolish I was! my car was breaking down on the way to work yesterday, seizing and shuddering at stoplights with the electrical flickering, so I felt compelled to buy a new car.

Stretch Goals
- “second mortgage” retired ($28,000 balance starting) if we manage this, it will happen mostly in November and December
- Have my paid-off car last another year. voted off the island!

How foolish, December EF was, to think his car would last another year.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

:ducksiren:Q1 Update!:ducksiren:

I've been holding off on posting 2017 goals because I work in an energy research job for the government so it remains to be seen if I'll still have a job in a month or two :roflolmao:
But I think I'm just going to be optimistic and post them assuming I'm going to have a job. And if I don't then I'll update the goals accordingly.
Q1: So far so good :ohdear: the situation actually looks a good bit more promising than I had feared

~*~my 2017 goals~*~
1. Max Roth IRA
Q1: Done!
2. Increase cash emergency fund from 3 to 6 months living expenses at current living expenses rate (meaning i could stretch it out more than that if I was in trouble and cooled my spending)
Q1: I'm changing this goal, kinda. Now saving 1/4 of my salary in low-risk assets (short term bonds) as a combination emergency fund + money for a planned "emergency" that my wife and I hope will happen roughly 2-3 years from now.
3. Put 1/4 of salary towards retirement savings by end of year (stretch goal 1/3)
Q1: On track for 1/4 so far
4. Get better details of wife's finances and figure out a plan for her / combined plan for us
Q1: Only just now starting to do tax preparation (lol) and using this as an opportunity to get a handle on her finances, which are not bad but in a bit of disarray organization-wise
5. Teach a class adjunctishly
Q1: Unless something goes wrong at the registrar's office, I am slated to teach a grad-level class this fall! The pay is meh but I still have my main job and I really want to teach. I'm very excite :peanut:
6. Get new windows installed in house
Q1: Called around for estimates, but haven't done much else on this one. Hoping to get it done this summer while it's nice out.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

End of Quarter 1 Update!

what'd you get?

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

End of Quarter 1 Update!

The upside is that you used the car until it died. Gotta squeeze every last dollar out of everything.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

what'd you get?

CPO 2015 VW Golf R :getin:

Something something fuel efficiency, and while it wasn't FREE it wasn't like a brand new S4 or something.

I very nearly bought a Subaru Impreza which probably would have been better with money but whatever, I like driving fast to and from work.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

CPO 2015 VW Golf R :getin:

Something something fuel efficiency, and while it wasn't FREE it wasn't like a brand new S4 or something.

I very nearly bought a Subaru Impreza which probably would have been better with money but whatever, I like driving fast to and from work.

Lmao I thought you wanted reliability

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
March update: Payments still on schedule, non-monetary goals still on track (read John Grisham's The Summons, it was alright but didn't hook me as quickly as I think it was supposed to). But more importantly my wife has accepted a new job beginning in June that pay approximately double what her current postdoc does :toot: And we're moving to a new place in May and she's agreed to pay the difference in rent :toot: And she wants to start saving up for a down payment on our own place in a couple years :shepface: (we need a :sheptoot:)

Good-Natured Filth
Jun 8, 2008

Do you think I've got the goods Bubblegum? Cuz I am INTO this stuff!

2017 Goals (March update):

quote:

- My wife will be quitting her job next year (was a goal for last year, but we pushed it back). Need to re-assess budget before that happens. Back of the napkin says we'll be more than fine, but I want hard numbers in a spreadsheet
- 6000 in Roth IRAs
- 2000 in HSA on track
- meet company match on 401k on track
- 50/month in daughter's 529 on track
- Go somewhere nice for our 5 year anniversary Cruise and travel booked. We're about $200 under budget. We'll see if we stick to the drink limit we've set for ourselves in said budget.
- Get some storage for the basement and clean it up a bit (spend less than $250) We cleaned up and added storage to the garage instead. Basement coming soon.
- Buy a new vehicle with more than 75% cash
- Decide on having baby number 2 (more budget re-assessment)
- Help my wife make money with her business idea (gotta start small)
- Run some new electrical and Ethernet drops all over my house (need to figure out a budget for this)

Slow-and-steady wins the race. I'll probably knock out the IRAs after my bonus hits in a couple days.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

Lmao I thought you wanted reliability

Did I say that? I think I meant "fast." Yup, pretty sure I meant "fast."

Hamming Cube
Apr 8, 2010
I got a job offer recently (tenure-track) so I'm finally in a position to really start thinking about the future. I'll be moving across the country in June and I have a few goals for this year.

Goals for this year:
1. Buy a car (will do in May)
2. Get married (will do courthouse this summer and celebratory party next year)
3. Max Roth IRA. (Done!)
4. Continue maxing 403b
5. Max 457 in new job
6. Slowly save more for house down payment (need maybe another $10-20k, although I won't look for houses for another 2-3 years at the earliest)

Hamming Cube fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Mar 30, 2017

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

Hamming Cube posted:

I got a job offer recently (tenure-track) so I'm finally in a position to really start thinking about the future. I'll be moving across the country in June and I have a few goals for this year.

Goals for this year:
1. Buy a car (will do in May)
2. Get married (will do courthouse this summer and celebratory party next year)
3. Max Roth IRA. (Done!)
4. Continue maxing 403b
5. Max 457 in new job
6. Slowly save more for house down payment (need maybe another $10-20k, although I won't look for houses for another 2-3 years at the earliest)

Congratulations - and these are some drat fine goals.

Hamming Cube
Apr 8, 2010
Thanks! It's a pretty aggressive savings plan. We'll see how much I can save for down payment if I'm maxing out both 403b and 457. One of those might have to give, but I'd at least like to max out one of those. Also, girlfriend is considering grad school so that could require even less saving. Things are very up in the air!

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

Hamming Cube posted:

Thanks! It's a pretty aggressive savings plan. We'll see how much I can save for down payment if I'm maxing out both 403b and 457. One of those might have to give, but I'd at least like to max out one of those. Also, girlfriend is considering grad school so that could require even less saving. Things are very up in the air!

When you say "maxing" you mean taking advantage of the full tax advantage space of $54,000 (403b) + $18,000 (457)?

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Ugh, so jealous of everyone with more than 5,500 per year of tax advantaged space

e: and happy for them of course! :kiddo:

Hamming Cube
Apr 8, 2010

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

When you say "maxing" you mean taking advantage of the full tax advantage space of $54,000 (403b) + $18,000 (457)?

No, I meant 18k + employer contribution (403b) and 18k (457). The 18k + employer contribution definitely wouldn't get up to 54k. Isn't that the max I can do a year? Maybe I should've just said contribute as much as I can.

potatoducks
Jan 26, 2006
That may be the max you can do. The effective limit is different for everyone. Some plans have employer contributions that go all the way up to 54k while others let you put in after-tax money yourself that you can then convert to Roth.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

potatoducks posted:

Some plans have employer contributions that go all the way up to 54k while others let you put in after-tax money yourself that you can then convert to Roth.

This is what I meant. Either way, congratulations for saving a really nice nest egg for you and your family moving forward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

End of March Update!

1. Increase net worth from 72k to 94k. Currently 81k
2. Increase emergency fund from 5.5k to 7.5k. Currently 6.3k
3. Increase house fund from 2.5k to 11k. Currently 5.6k
4. Go on a fun (overseas?) trip this summer. Spending Limit: 3k. Trip on hold. See below.
5. Contribute a minimum of $2400 to my Roth IRA. $600
6. Stay debt free. Yup.
7. Lose 15 pounds. Pounds lost: 1. Need to step this up.

I've been thinking about going back to school again, which might change a lot of this up significantly. There is a chance of getting my work to pay for the additional schooling, but also a possibility of them not. Until this all gets figured out, my vacation is on hold.

• Locked thread