Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I was wondering if the explosive banana might have been a reference to how people could use the potassium inside them to make explosions in Space Station 13.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
The 'pot shot' is actually called The Kiln. Because is fires pots. it's a play on words, get it?

Also, this seemed to sum up most of the run;

Jade Star fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Jun 24, 2017

Godna
Feb 4, 2013
It also explodes into Rupees

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Another challenge/fun run for you:

Gungeoneye64: Use only weapons from Goldeneye 64 (passive pick ups are fine). give yourself the AUgun, Winchester, M4, Sawed off, and the Mooraker weapon.

vdate
Oct 25, 2010

Mooseontheloose posted:

Another challenge/fun run for you:

Gungeoneye64: Use only weapons from Goldeneye 64 (passive pick ups are fine). give yourself the AUgun, Winchester, M4, Sawed off, and the Mooraker weapon.

Don't forget the Klobb!

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

vdate posted:

Don't forget the Klobb!

Gotta have the Klobb

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
One of these days you're going to have to find a legitimate unicorn horn just so we can see more than one second of it.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Glazius posted:

One of these days you're going to have to find a legitimate unicorn horn just so we can see more than one second of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHe0S22d1vQ I think unicorn farts would be deadlier.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
A Youtube suggestion came up with this, give yourself six items and ALL THE CURSE. The only thing I might change in retrospect is Heroine, probably change it into a better boss weapon.

Hardcore Mod/Polsy

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I think if you had just dropped one of your cursed items then picked it back up, it would have worked to force Lord of the Jammed to spawn.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Ah, that's an interesting challenge setup. Does this game have the same kind of themed initial-spawn challenges Isaac did, or...? Well, I guess we'll get to a challenge run with the d20 eventually.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10
Holy cripes am I glad you went down to Bullet Hell. That was fantastic. :suspense:

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
drat, that was brutal.

Scruffy, I propose a run where you give yourself whatever you want in exchange for attempting to get all Master Rounds. Getting hit in a boss room is an automatic game over.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

IronSaber posted:

drat, that was brutal.

Scruffy, I propose a run where you give yourself whatever you want in exchange for attempting to get all Master Rounds. Getting hit in a boss room is an automatic game over.

Gluon stones, ALL THE GLUON STONES!!! and any other orbitals/items you can get that stops shots.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

I know I've said it before, but I do think this game would be a bit better if there were some redundancies in the passive items, or a greater chance of theme-ing, like what happens when you get Spice.

Zebrin
Mar 12, 2010

Chopping trees down and making elves cry.
You still accepting challenge runs? I think I have an idea for one.

The Bad Item Redemption Run
Take three of the guns you have labeled as "Bad" and then use six passive items of your choice to make them passable.
You can not pick up or use any other guns and you can not use your starter weapon unless you run out of ammo for all three.
Passive items, and master rounds are picked up as normal.

We saw how odd synergies can make the worst guns into amazing room clearing weapons of mass electrocution with the Robot and the Supersoaker. Let's give some other bad guns a chance.

I also want to take the time to tell you that this has been a really fun LP to watch.

vdate
Oct 25, 2010
Agreed, Zebrin. In my case I discovered that all it took to take the Flare Gun from 'pointless' to 'decent room-clearer' was the Oiled Cylinder, since it effectively cuts the refire rate to that of a slowish semiautomatic weapon in exchange for having no reload time of any kind (because that's what the 'refire rate' actually is).

Also, I gotta jump on the 'this LP helped me git gud' bandwagon myself, Scruffy, since either the game's item generation got a lot nicer or I've gone from 'cannot consistently get to floor 2' to 'can semi-consistently get to floor 4' by applying what I've learned here.

YamiNoSenshi
Jan 19, 2010
It's positively joyful when you lose your cool and start making random panic noises.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer
That was amazing. I had a feeling Bullet Hell would be the death of you, but I had no idea.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
You could have gone way more overpowered with six items, but I guess it's better to take a few general powerups like Riddle of Lead and still leave some semblance of challenge. Once you have something like Ring of Triggers + Railgun + Sense of Direction, the game is kind of a joke.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Zebrin posted:

You still accepting challenge runs? I think I have an idea for one.

The Bad Item Redemption Run
Take three of the guns you have labeled as "Bad" and then use six passive items of your choice to make them passable.
You can not pick up or use any other guns and you can not use your starter weapon unless you run out of ammo for all three.
Passive items, and master rounds are picked up as normal.

We saw how odd synergies can make the worst guns into amazing room clearing weapons of mass electrocution with the Robot and the Supersoaker. Let's give some other bad guns a chance.

I also want to take the time to tell you that this has been a really fun LP to watch.

I would amend that to either let him keep the guns he gets from bosses or whatever he could buy from the shop because room clearing weapons may not make for decent boss clearing ones.

vdate
Oct 25, 2010

Mraagvpeine posted:

I would amend that to either let him keep the guns he gets from bosses or whatever he could buy from the shop because room clearing weapons may not make for decent boss clearing ones.

Kind of the point of the six passives and three guns thing! That should give him enough variety and synergy to have at least one of each category.

Friend Commuter
Nov 3, 2009
SO CLEVER I WANT TO FUCK MY OWN BRAIN.
Smellrose

Mraagvpeine posted:

How's he supposed to redeem bad guns if he has good guns to fall back on?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I was remembering when Scruffy tried to fight the blob boss with the Molotov gun and that wasn't working. But maybe you're right and there's a "bad gun" combo that works against bosses, I don't know all the guns and synergy.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Look at this smug broken asshole.
If you're still interested in challenges, Pop Pop: Give yourself a few Pop Pops, probably a frankly absurd number, and then only use the starting pistol or equivalent. No other guns or items.

edit: Also maybe shadow bullets and backup gun for extra bullet fun.

GeneralYeti fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Jul 1, 2017

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

I really really like the idea I've seen repeated a few times here of a duct tape run. I don't know anything about it, but it sounds fun!

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I'm gonna repeat my run idea since I actually had it the other day and it was super fun

Faster than a Bullet

Give yourself heavy bullets, bloody eye, and a couple speed ups. It's super fun!

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Grapplejack posted:

I'm gonna repeat my run idea since I actually had it the other day and it was super fun

Faster than a Bullet

Give yourself heavy bullets, bloody eye, and a couple speed ups. It's super fun!

I just like the idea of adding Gundromeda Strain and Liquid Valkyrie to the mix, while playing as The Bullet.

Blasphemy has given him the strength to destroy the Gungeon

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Grapplejack posted:

Faster than a Bullet

The Door Frame posted:

I just like the idea of adding Gundromeda Strain and Liquid Valkyrie to the mix, while playing as The Bullet.

Blasphemy has given him the strength to destroy the Gungeon

New idea of a run, Bullet Time:
do a bullet run with blaspemy, but at the start give yourself every passive item that slows bullets/time, but you have to stay with blasphemy unless otherwise needed.

Epoxy Bulletin
Sep 7, 2009

delikpate that thing!
Given this isn't even the first LP of this game I've watched, I was reluctant to pull the trigger but decided to give it a shot anyway with the summer sale, and was pleasantly surprised to see how much fun I am still having with it. Enter The Gungeon is just a remarkably polished gameplay experience, and if anyone else is on the fence thinking they've seen all there is to see from watching Scruffy bending it over his knee, I would still suggest you give it a try :)

A Perfect Twist
Aug 15, 2007

"What have I done? I'll have to start again. To forget and to disappear. I'll head north, far-north, to that big question mark, the Northern Territory"

Epoxy Bulletin posted:

Given this isn't even the first LP of this game I've watched, I was reluctant to pull the trigger but decided to give it a shot anyway with the summer sale, and was pleasantly surprised to see how much fun I am still having with it. Enter The Gungeon is just a remarkably polished gameplay experience, and if anyone else is on the fence thinking they've seen all there is to see from watching Scruffy bending it over his knee, I would still suggest you give it a try :)

It is a really fun game. Very tricky but fun. I stopped playing cause of all the grinding it asks for when you aren't very good.... but only after 38 hours.

A Perfect Twist fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Jul 1, 2017

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
Some of the hunting quests are bullshit (finally I have only dragun to kill), but for general gameplay "git gud" is enough, no grinding required.

OTOH, challenge mode is bullshit

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
It's the last day of my vacation and i have been lazy as fuuuuuuuck

Challenge Mode/Polsy

Challenge Mode is really hard okay

vdate
Oct 25, 2010
Gotta say, your increasingly frantic vocalization of dismay was top-shelf during this episode. But hey, at least it got you to reconsider Corsair! (Although in fairness I think some of the damage you believed it to be doing may have been coming from Ser Junkan, because I was watching him during the episode and he was doing some serious work. It does seem like Don't Blink was nearly beneficial or beneficial a lot of the time on this run since you had two decent indirect fire weapons (being Ser Junkan and the Corsair).

MadScientistWorking
Jun 23, 2010

"I was going through a time period where I was looking up weird stories involving necrophilia..."
Sir Junkan I salute you.

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

IT'S GARBAGE DAY AT WENDY'S FUCK YEAH WE EATIN GOOD TONIGHT
Corsair is even better when you also have the Balloon Gun. They have a synergy that doubles damage for both guns and increases shot speed by 20%! At that point Corsair seriously tears up rooms and lots of bosses.

NHO
Jun 25, 2013

I have two suggestion.

Gunband! Start with two followers and Battle Standard. Add one follower each floor. Use gun on chests and to find secret rooms only.

Klobbering time Klobbe, Gear of Battle, final destination.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

You gungeoneering awful!

In all seriousness, I only managed to get the unlock through a bug.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Presenting: My proudest video game screenshot

This was from shortly after the Supply Drop update released, before they nerfed Challenge Mode. The Lich had three modifiers for each phase, which changed between phases. There were some more items than what's shown there, the Owl being one of the more important ones.

Challenge mode is hosed up bullshit and I haven't touched it since I beat it even though it's different now. No way in hell I'm even trying double challenge mode. Been looking forward to this video for a while and it will be neat to see how you handle it once I'm home from work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Aw man. I thought you were going to pull it out there at the end. Better luck... next... time?

• Locked thread