Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

dscruffy1 posted:

I'm recording the episodes for the LP as it goes along, but no, I don't always live. I just had a run today on my main file that ended like this!

he meant have you considered post-commentary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

Oh god what did I just post?
Re double action:

Early revolvers were single action, pulling the trigger simply releases the hammer, in order to fire you have to manually pull back the hammer each time. That's why in old westerns or Overwatch cowboys will fan the hammer in order to rapid fire.

Later double action revolvers were invented were the hammer and trigger are mechanically linked. Pulling the trigger first pulls back the hammer then releases it, allowing you to shoot with only one hand. You can still use a double action revolver as a single action if you want, manually pulling the hammer back will make the next trigger pull quicker and lighter.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
Didn't use the iron coin once, got table tech stun and didn't even flip a table. FOR SHAME!

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
I admit, I wasn't expecting the finale for the Hunter to be one giant Wolfenstien reference. But I did get a laugh out of the bullet shapes.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Loxbourne posted:

I admit, I wasn't expecting the finale for the Hunter to be one giant Wolfenstien reference. But I did get a laugh out of the bullet shapes.

Yeah, seeing the giant eagle and the SS lightning bolts made me chuckle.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
At 14:09 scruffy changes weapons and enters 'bullettime' slomo while the weapon wheel is open; why does that happen? It's never happened for me afaik

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Sjs00 posted:

At 14:09 scruffy changes weapons and enters 'bullettime' slomo while the weapon wheel is open; why does that happen? It's never happened for me afaik

It's happened every time for him that he opens the wheel. He talks about it in the very first episode.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Sjs00 posted:

It should happen every time you open the weapon wheel, it was probably just more apparent since I was in the middle of VIOLENCE.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Sjs00 posted:

To elaborate there's two ways to change weapons. Normal mousewheel, which does the standard mousewheel thing. And holding control, which adds in the slow-mo.

If you're using a keyboard that is :v:

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

I've heard the supply drop update nerfed the damage cap on bosses, so they should go down faster if you have high DPS.

Do jammed enemies drop more money? You seemed to be much richer on this run than previous ones, even discounting the one lucky drop.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Haven't played it in a decently long time and noticing a few things like that dragun thing didn't happen back when I played, my first dragun run was cheesed by flying :v:

Also that armor knight with a cannon instead of a sword is decently new too right? Don't recall him either.

Lulti
Nov 28, 2016

Samuel Clemens posted:

Do jammed enemies drop more money? You seemed to be much richer on this run than previous ones, even discounting the one lucky drop.

Curse by itself increases money drops from all enemies, so buying from Cursula could potentially pay itself back.

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

Jade Star posted:

Didn't use the iron coin once, got table tech stun and didn't even flip a table. FOR SHAME!

Glad to see I wasn't the only one internally screaming at him to use those coins.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

mandatory lesbian posted:

he meant have you considered post-commentary
you get me so well

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

What is that bear doing there?

Scruffy, always do live commentary.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

The synergy between Shade's Revolver and Smiley's Revolver is double max ammo capacity and 50% larger magazine on both guns. Unfortunately it doesn't actually give you any more ammo to go with that increased cap so it's not as useful as it could be.

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

Teledahn posted:

Scruffy, always do live commentary.

Seconded. Live commentary is far more entertaining.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009

senrath posted:

The synergy between Shade's Revolver and Smiley's Revolver is double max ammo capacity and 50% larger magazine on both guns. Unfortunately it doesn't actually give you any more ammo to go with that increased cap so it's not as useful as it could be.

Can you throw them into the combiner thing and get dual guns?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Nalesh posted:

Also that armor knight with a cannon instead of a sword is decently new too right? Don't recall him either.

He's always been there as long as I've played.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
Sweet mother of... Scruffy, don't you think you cut it a little bit close there at the end? :sweatdrop: Good work pulling that out of the fire.

No Gravitas
Jun 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Arcade Rabbit posted:

Yes, The Evil Within was the amesomestester.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
I am still playing along, albeit nowhere near being able to finish when multitasking, and just got Corsair... thats definitely a gun, allright. :v:

Also is it just me, or is Dark Marker bugged? According to wiki it should have a chargeshot, but it just shoots normally instead.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Arcade Rabbit posted:

The trademark panicked laughing makes live commentary worth it :v:

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
The Wolfenstein bullets were pretty great, yeah. But how long has the Gungeon been around, if mad scientists were picking up and running with its technology over a thousand years ago?

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Well, humanity is way into the space age by now, as evidenced by all the laser guns

The hunter just missed all of that thanks to cold sleep

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
Yeah, I think what you're supposed to take from that scene is that the Hunter in the original timeline was trapped by the bullet pattern, got cryogenically frozen, and awoke in the Space Future(TM). Now that she's gone back in time, she can use a blank from the Space Future to clear the bullets and dispense justice.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Loxbourne posted:

Yeah, I think what you're supposed to take from that scene is that the Hunter in the original timeline was trapped by the bullet pattern, got cryogenically frozen, and awoke in the Space Future(TM). Now that she's gone back in time, she can use a blank from the Space Future to clear the bullets and dispense justice.

Space Justice.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

White Coke posted:

Space Justice.

No. Time Justice.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
It's all relative anyway. :v:

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
Good news/bad news! I recorded the next video and it's the Convict. It was a pretty close vote for a while, I think it was 78-80 at one point? But it's done!

Bad news, I accidentally deleted the commentary. So I need to do that at some point.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
I guess the people wanting post commentary get their wish for an episode; don't try to act like it's live, some people can do that but most people sound pretty dumb when they try to make post sound live.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
I picked up the game because of this LP.

So far I've been having a lot of fun with it even if I keep dying to the first floor boss :v: I keep dodging at the right time but in the wrong direction, usually towards the boss like you do in Dark Soups which doesn't end well. Kudos for making it look so easy!

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.
Why is gatling gull so hard? I have a real mental block with that guy.

Sheesh, anyway thanks to your tutelage I made it to floor 5 a couple times after beating the wallmonger with some ridiculous top tier weapon. Go me!

Game's still no joke though. Pucker factor is constantly high

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

CrazySalamander posted:

I guess the people wanting post commentary get their wish for an episode; don't try to act like it's live, some people can do that but most people sound pretty dumb when they try to make post sound live.
He's probs still gonna be distracted; one of the pros about post is that you get to focus solely on the game and then have to worry about what to say.

Still, looking forward to it.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Skippy Granola posted:

Why is gatling gull so hard? I have a real mental block with that guy.

Sheesh, anyway thanks to your tutelage I made it to floor 5 a couple times after beating the wallmonger with some ridiculous top tier weapon. Go me!

Game's still no joke though. Pucker factor is constantly high

I find the best way to deal with him is stay as far as you can, while roll dodging as little as possible - so, usually take him around the edges of the room. Only a couple of shots go where you are going, every other shot goes where you've been. Roll dodge too much and too many shots get drawn onto you when you are recovering.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I can pretty consistently no-hit Gatling Gull (barring dumb mistakes) by staying at a medium distance and just circle-strafing. As long as you keep moving you only have to roll through the outermost shots from his spread attack, and all other attacks can be rolled through pretty easily.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
With Gatling Gull I have to always remind myself not to dodge roll into his spray of bullets, because there is always one that is going exactly where you will recover from the roll. :v:

Breadmaster
Jun 14, 2010
So, on my 82nd death today, I made it to the Dragun for the first time (and died). I also discovered you can, in fact, transmorgify the gun reaper.

Breadmaster fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Jan 10, 2017

Grayshift
May 31, 2013
The only hard attack Gatling Gull has is the semi-random spray while walking toward you. The issue is that the origin point of his shots is so far out from the core of his sprite that when his direction changes enough for his sprite to rotate it will jump by at least a character length. So suddenly his threat point is much closer than you were expecting, and trying to circle tighter makes things worse. Basically he gains an unusual amount of ground on you when you have to make a corner if you're kiting him around the edge like you ought to.

If you get a good arena he's still easy to chump, but on bad arenas I'll actually stop firing to focus purely on dodging for that attack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Something I think is worth mentioning that I haven't seen in the videos or thread yet. You can use the number buttons to swap weapons just like any ole FPS game. You can also drag and drop weapons in your inventory to set up the buttons the way you want making it very easy to swap weapons on the fly without even opening the menu.

I pretty much always have a pistol on number 1 just so I can switch to it and finish off weak enemies and save ammo.

E: I misremembered, you can't easily drag and drop weapons but you can drop them on the ground and pick them back up to reorganize, I do that alot with empty guns to put all the empty guns at the far end of my inventory and all my loaded guns together.

Agent355 fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Jan 11, 2017

• Locked thread