Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

This LP is good, but this game is real, real bad. It's kinda like Isaac, but really stingy and rude to the player.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

Most guns in the game feature bullet spread to some degree, but the Pilot's sidearm has it to a ridiculous degree. To the point where you can reenact that scene from Pulp Fiction without even trying.

The idea with the Pilot, is that he's supposed to start off weak, but thanks to his lockpicks and passive store discount, wind up as one of the more powerful characters. In practice, however, well...

I don't understand why you would ever use the lockpicks unless you were at the end of a floor and had no keys. 50% is too low to risk unless you're totally out of options.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

That and the shop gun run sound like fun challenges. Maybe the "no chest left behind" where you have to open every chest no matter what like someone mentioned.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Speaking of, I think it's about time to do a full curse run, Scruff. You should show off what the game does to you.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

For the longest time I assumed that blasphemy gave you curse like the other melee weapons, but apparently it doesn't! I learned something today.

Also the Robot is essentially the Blue Baby of this game, if you've played Isaac. He's your "challenge" character, harder in this than in Isaac due to the game's stinginess punishing you way harder.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

has he found bullet yet? that's maybe my favorite gun in the game.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

God the shortcuts aren't even good and unlocking the robot is already difficult, why :psyduck:

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Scruff I don't 100% remember if we've seen her in game but why not do a blessed run next?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

IMO Brown chests are pretty good because you usually get a bonus for opening them (like, it'll throw you some casings or a heart or whatever) The worst chest in the game is the blue chest, which has nothing but terrible weapons. At least the passives in the blue chest are good.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

one thing you don't do that i've started to do is you take a single shot at treasure chests. Mimics will activate immediately off of a single shot so I usually fire a round of the starter pistol into them before i open them.

e: the ruby bracelet is the "tediore" reference for this game, which i'm kind of surprised about. I could have sworn this game had a gun that you threw away when you reloaded.

Grapplejack fucked around with this message at 09:08 on May 19, 2017

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Other things: Lord of the Jammed will never go away, even if you drop your curse back down below 10. You cannot use the shop while being followed by the Lord of the Jammed. Lord of the Jammed can and will attack you during cutscenes.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

dscruffy1 posted:

It's not really much of a spoiler, but I don't plan on showing it off.

If you're dedicated you can play as the Cultist, it just requires two methods of control and killing off one of the players a lot. The problem with that is that in co-op mode, if you've got a dead player, every chest will be a revival chest. So you don't have as many upgrade opportunities.

The Cultist's past is a one-on-one gunfight with the main character. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mW2uhkjrWo

Oh my god he gets a little apple costume! How cute!

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Give yourself every move speed upgrade and do a 2fast run.

I'd suggest a ring of mimic friendship + mimic tooth necklace but apparently the devs hate all fun and that combo just has chests unlock automatically instead of letting you have a mimic army.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I can't believe they nerfed muscle relaxants. That's such an edge case and the guns it modifies aren't even that good. Why would they do that? What do they have against fun?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I'm gonna repeat my run idea since I actually had it the other day and it was super fun

Faster than a Bullet

Give yourself heavy bullets, bloody eye, and a couple speed ups. It's super fun!

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

It, like everything in the Gungeon, is designed against the player and is incredibly cruel. The Dragun will always spawn with Rage and High Stress.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Jade Star posted:

The Get Huge run.

Start with stout bullets, fat bullets, and heavy bullets.

You can only use the gun the fires the largest projectile.

I'm pretty sure that would be my favorite gun in this game, the quad laser

E: I just thought of a good stupid run. Duct tape. Use duct tape for every single gun. Smash all of the guns together.

Grapplejack fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Jul 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Good work on the LP Scruffy, I'm proud of you.

• Locked thread