Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10
A lock. Named Flint. Flint Lock. I know I should be expecting everything in the entire gun game to be a gun pun, but somehow I still was not prepared.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Samovar posted:

Next run, for usefulness of special item drop, should be Convict. Especially since you can sell it to the Store Creep and lose nothing.

Frankly I'm just captured by the immediate mystery of the Convict. What is in that photo that enrages her so? I must know!

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

One thing that should definitely get mentioned is the sound design. It's pretty good in general, and in particular my favorite bit is that there's a particular distinct "tch" sound that happens when any enemy dies. Thanks to that sound I knew scruffy had killed the caped bulletkin (despite it being offscreen) about half a minute before he did, because I heard it twice when he fired in the direction of a single enemy and the caped guy. Distinct audio cues like that are incredibly valuable, and far too often overlooked when evaluating games.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

I lost it when the Hot Lead ducks started showing up. Something about the fact that you were firing fire ducks. :laugh:

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

"Use your most recent gun until it runs out of ammo" runs into the trap of stuff like having the pitchfork equipped when running into a fire enemy. Same for poison vs. unpoisonable. Should there be an exception made in those circumstances, or should he have to run the gun dry to use another one? If the latter, certain guns just become liabilities when they wouldn't otherwise be.

E: For that matter, what about bosses? Would he be obliged to empty out a t-shirt cannon against a boss before he can properly try to kill it?

Felinoid fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Jan 23, 2017

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Wow that was the most entertaining episode yet. Keep 'em coming. :allears:

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Olesh posted:

Except he ended the run with 12 HP, meaning the Antibody had no real effect except for the feeling of security provided by having more health than you need. Had he skipped it entirely, nothing would have changed except that he would have had 90 more casings with which to spend on other, more useful items.

Don't underestimate that feeling. People act differently when they're "safe" and when they're on the edge of failure. Had he been treading the line for the last quarter of the run, he might've started making more mistakes, taken more damage, and died.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Does Door Lord have a tell, if you stare at the boss door, like chest mimics do? Because if not, that's even ruder than he already is.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Fun fact about the Klobb. I was way into Goldeneye back in the day, enough so to test weapon damage and so forth. Most guns would do 1 bar of health/armor to a limb hit, 2 bars for a torso hit, and 4 bars for a head hit. There were a few guns that had a 2x multiplier to that damage, and one or two that had a 3x multiplier (I think like shotguns if you got all pellets to hit). The Klobb was the sole weapon that had a five-eighths multiplier. Not half, oh no. That would be too easy. Instead it did 5/8 of a bar on limb hit, 1-1/4 on torso hit, and 2-1/2 on head hits (which meant three head hits, if you could even manage that with its horrendous accuracy, would still barely not kill someone from full health, which was 8 bars). That is how lovely of a weapon it was designed to be, that they even made it a pain to nail down exactly how much damage it was doing.

(E: Also the original Klobb did not fire particularly fast, and had a 20 round mag as opposed to most other automatic weapons' 30. It was nice if you wanted to make your enemies do a hit-animation dance, though.)

SergZpartan posted:

Wait didn't you throw the Silencer into the muncher, then you still have it?

He considered it for a second and then threw the shotgrub in instead.

Felinoid fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Feb 26, 2017

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

berryjon posted:

So how did the Bullet change its past? I mean, did it fail in the quest in the first place? Does that make this like the Convict, for whom the past is a case of 'there is no option but to change the past'? And if so, then how does Blasphemy do the 'bullet absorb' thing?

Maybe he's just an old bullet, looking to relive his glory days when there weren't so gosh-darned many gungeoneers ruining everyone's fun. :bahgawd:

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

16 episodes in and each one is more entertaining than the last. How the hell do you manage that? Where's the ceiling?

Also, rather uncertain about this, but I think the move where Sarah Connor sprays poison out in a radioactive symbol might be a Duke Nukem reference? I mean, if they're already mixing two with Terminator and Sonic, why not three.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Even for as little damage as it apparently does, and how redundant it then becomes with your starter guns having infinite ammo and thus always being the better choice, I still love it aesthetically that you can toss empty guns at enemies. That's always been one of my favorite gun comedy things, where someone empties a gun at someone, can't hit them with anything, and then tosses the gun in frustration and ends up bonking them on the noggin. Gets me every time. :laugh:

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Aww, I wanted to see Casey in Bullet Hell. Also, mark another one on board for the companion train. :bandwagon:

Scruffy in the video posted:

KIlling an enemy by hitting them with a second enemy will never stop being funny to me.
I would honestly be worried if it did. :colbert:

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

The Door Frame posted:

Don't forget Junior II and maybe Blank companion? I think the only gun you should be able to fire is the Eye of the Beholster

Or maybe the ashes gun?

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Holy cripes am I glad you went down to Bullet Hell. That was fantastic. :suspense:

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

I feel like I need a nap just after watching the video. :stare: High Stress is aptly named.

Also the frequent clenched-teeth commentary reminded me of comedian Lewis Black.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

This has been the best drat LP I've seen in a good while, and while I'm sad to see it go, I don't think it could've gone out better. My hat is off to you, sir. :golfclap:

And Sexy Brutale next, too! Goddamn I'd been curious about that game. :allears:

• Locked thread