Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

Oh god what did I just post?
One fun thing about the Hexagun that wasn't mentioned in the video, if you read the description its literally a sniper rifle that uses magic wands as ammo, draining them in a single shot. Which is why it can instantly kill things by turning them into chickens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

Loxbourne posted:

To make matters worse, this is a game where you unlock weapons and powerups by being good at it. Consider the poor soul who struggles and dies a few dozen times before he can complete it once - he can't get the store that unlocks new guns and powerups and couldn't pay for them even if he got lucky. "Git Gud" is all very well, but your game has to be fun while you're Gitting otherwise you're just grinding your face against a brick wall.

To be fair the store unlocks from an npc you rescue on floor 2, and since you only get hegemony credits from boss kills it would even make sense to have it unlocked till after you beat floor 1. The real silly design decision is being able to force shops to have keys. It doesn't actually make the game mechanicly harder or give the player any interesting disisions to make it just adds an extra barrier of knowledge for new players, aka the nethack school of game design.

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

Its too bad dscruffy can't show it off but there use to be a way to break the game using cigarettes and the elder blank. You used to be able to use cigarettes during the invincibility frames from getting damaged to get free coolness, and once it got high enough you get multiple cigarettes off during that window. You could get your coolness so high that your active items would have no cool down and could be spammed as fast as you could hit the button, which as you can imagine was kind of game breaking with the right active items.

Nowadays active items have a hard cap on how low the cooldown can get and cigarettes are locked out whenever you take damage until your I-frames are up.

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

The easiest boss in the game for me is Gattlingull when you get the room with the 4 pillars. You can kite him around and get pot shots in where he stops to reload. Then unload on him when he starts firing missles.

Easiest in general is probably the Bullet king. Everything he does is easy to dodge except the delayed bullet blast he throws, so you can just save you blanks for that one move.

Gorgun always feels like it should be the easiest, but I don't know her paterns as well so I always take stupid hit I shouldn't.

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

Their are a few muncher recipes that can guarantee a certain drops, but almost none of them are worth it. Like you can take any crossbow and any magic weapon, like the hexagun, and the muncher will give you a magical crecent crossbow. But your probably better off with any of the other magic guns instead.

The one amusing one is feeding an rpg and a Beehive gets you the Stinger.

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

CzarChasm posted:

Disappointed that the boss' name is "Gorgun" and not "Meduzi"

Your not the only one, the devs confirmed during one of the launch streams that actually was her name in beta which is why she uses dual Uzis. But apparently they decided to change it for reasons that are beyond me, so now we're stuck with the inferior version.

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

There are passives from regular chest drops that can give you more health, and you can unlock more in the store. That's what all those heart bottle and hear lunchbox items due. There's even at least one gun that gives you an extra heart as long as its in your inventory. Once you unlock a few get good at flawlessness the first floor bosses not having enough max health isn't really a big problem anymore.

Morbidmind posted:

The real bullshit of Gungeon is hitting 10 curse when you didn't even know there was a curse stat.

To be fair the creepy skulls over your head whenever you pick up a cursed item are at least a hint that something is off about those items. And you should start seeing tons of jammed enemies long before you hit 10 curse. Unless you suddenly decided to go on a shopping spree at Cursilla's and get 7.5+ curse all in go.

Vorpal Cat fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Jan 4, 2017

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

dscruffy1 posted:

I haven't touched the beta at all, I only know a few of the drops and some of the new enemies. I am looking forward to seeing all new things when I hit them in the LP.

I don't want to spoil anything but, after looking up the new guns and passives on the wiki, there's some fun stuff in there. Also for everyone who felt that gungeon runs were a little too long there's now a save and quit button at the end of every floor so you can come back later.

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

Re double action:

Early revolvers were single action, pulling the trigger simply releases the hammer, in order to fire you have to manually pull back the hammer each time. That's why in old westerns or Overwatch cowboys will fan the hammer in order to rapid fire.

Later double action revolvers were invented were the hammer and trigger are mechanically linked. Pulling the trigger first pulls back the hammer then releases it, allowing you to shoot with only one hand. You can still use a double action revolver as a single action if you want, manually pulling the hammer back will make the next trigger pull quicker and lighter.

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

I hope Scruffy gets a chance to show off table tech rocket now that he unlocked it. It's not you know, objectively good or anything, but it is amazing and needs to be seen.

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

Now that supply drop is out I can finally mention my favorite two item combo in the game, Crown of Guns + Remote Bullets. Realy any powerful but inaccurate gun is amazing with remote bullets, but the crown of guns gos from a silly gimmick to a deadly storm of bullets that melts everything in the room and shreds bosses faster then almost anything else.

Actuly most of the new passives are great for one reason or another, but that's the most game breaking one.

Vorpal Cat fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Jan 28, 2017

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

Remote bullets are hilarious with shot guns, you don't so much fire a spread as a highly packed ball of compact death. As for bouncing guns remote bullets also breaks them, just not in a good way, the bullets hit the wall, try to bounce then unless you immediately change the direction your aiming it will turn right back into the wall. At least that's how it works with a controller, not sure how it works better with a mouse.

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

The Door Frame posted:

Mix it with scattershot or rocket propelled bullets, you've got a killer

The only true upgrade for the Quad Lazar is Fat Bullets, though Helix Bullets will work in a pinch.

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

The Klobbe does have one really good synergy, if you use the cog of battles active reload on the klobbe you get 10x normal damage on top of the normal +80%, 10* knockback, and 0 spread for the next clip.

My favorite synergies in the game have to be The Judge + Badge or Mailbox + Box both halve the magazine size of their respective guns. Which would be terrible on most guns except for those two it also means you get twice as many special final bullets so its a net positive.

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

No but it does have synergy that halves its reload time if you can also find the 7-leaf clover you get for acing Winchesters game three times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

Spudd posted:

From that name I assume it shoots guns? Please be yes

The best part is the item description: This strange gun, shaped like a bullet, fires bullets that are shaped like guns.

Those gun-shaped bullets continue to fire bullets in-flight, but those bullets look like bullets. Straightforward Gungeon engineering!

There's also the Shell which has its own great description: This strange gun, shaped like a shotgun shell, fires bullets that are shaped like shotguns.

Those shotgun-shaped bullets will fire a spray of rounds upon impact, much like a shotgun would.

Vorpal Cat fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Mar 2, 2017

• Locked thread