Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teledahn
May 14, 2009

What is that bear doing there?

Isn't the steam average always something silly though? Like I wouldn't be surprised if I haven't played about half of my library.

E: Okay, nevermind. According to the achievement list 86% of players have completed the tutorial. Would have thought lower.
I mean, it looks like a great game and I very much enjoy the LP but it looks like a game I'd personally bounce off pretty hard if I tried to play it.

Teledahn fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Dec 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

Scruffy, always do live commentary.

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

You're trying to use low hormone levels and superior vision as an insult?

Samovar posted:

I've never heard that. Is there a paper that discusses that?

I don't have a link to any specific case studies, but the demographics and genetic factors are fairly clear. 8.3% of (human) males have some sort of colour deficiency, while the rate is only 0.5% for females. The kindergarten explanation is that males (XY) are more vulnerable to genetic damage and defects than females (XX), as the X chromosome contains all of required genetic information for a human being and the Y mostly modifies that being into an emotionally stunted, overly muscled, generally hairy being. Two X chromosomes means a second chance if one has a nonfunctional gene. It's also exceedingly rare for humans to have serious deficiencies seeing blue light generally, being unable to distinguish the green shades from redder hues is much more popular common. Generally these people can see red just fine, but simply don't have eyes equipped for sensing much green. As for anything more specific, I'd be interested myself in seeing (ha!) something more conclusive on blue-spectrum superiority of a sort. I can't imagine bloodshot eyes (being a surface feature) would change much. Light is still coming in through the pupil, any stray incoming scattered through the tissue of the eyeball would be heavily red-tinged anyway (as there's plenty of blood flow in an eyeball) and I find it hard to believe that visible bloodshottedness would affect the blood-to-tissue ratio much.

Anyway.
Enter the Gungeon is also neat. Please do continue on, dear dscruffy1.

E: Well there's a heck of a post for the top of a new page.

Teledahn fucked around with this message at 10:28 on Jan 26, 2017

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

Aerdan posted:

Objection!

Male humans are not required by genetics to keep their emotions to themselves, nor do genetics impair their ability to emote in any significant way. Musculature is, likewise, not mandated by genetics. As for body hair, there are men with relatively little body hair (I should know, I'm one of them).

You are correct on all points, however I believe the link between higher testosterone levels (typically a male trait but hardly unknown in females) and ease of muscle growth (along with body hair) is generally well established. Whether emotional facility and empathy is a societal or biological factor is perhaps best left for another thread.

I should note; I would hardly wish for my post to be taken as undeniable inviolate irrefutable truth, merely amusingly wrong just enough to be informative. Also amusing. We like that here.

Teledahn fucked around with this message at 10:29 on Jan 26, 2017

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

Samovar posted:

You may like things amusing, but I demand everything should be as unfunny as possible.

???

??!?!??!!???!????

E: \/ \/ \/ That is super neat! I'd never heard of such a fourth colour receptor.

Teledahn fucked around with this message at 10:43 on Jan 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

Either that or start paying a bit more attention to the 'unsaved-changes-do-you-want-to-save' queries.

• Locked thread