Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
It's all relative anyway. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
I guess the people wanting post commentary get their wish for an episode; don't try to act like it's live, some people can do that but most people sound pretty dumb when they try to make post sound live.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009

Dominicius posted:

Here is my challenge is this: Every time you pick up an item you must pause the game, open the Ammonomicron and read its description out loud. The same goes for beating bosses and the first time you kill an enemy belonging to one type.

Yea I know it's not a real challenge but seeing you completely ignoring the Ammonomicron makes me sad.

This appeals to me for some strange reason.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
When I have that problem in similar games I find that artificially increasing the difficulty on yourself can help a lot. Try arbitrarily using only the pistol for a while, or every other room you enter you spend ten seconds (or more!) just dodging. What would probably be ideal would be if you could fix the elevator because that lets you both reduce fatigue and get back into higher difficulties faster, but the elevator fixes seem like a major pain from what I've seen. After a while stop doing the challenge stuff and the regular stuff should fatigue you less.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009

MaskedHuzzah posted:

EDIT: At a guess, the Flame Hand literally does random damage based on a 2d6 - or 2-12, weighted toward 7.

If that's the case I wonder if curse and coolness would affect the rolls.

As far as runs I'd like to see, I'd really enjoy seeing a floor 1 cigarette/coolness run with hunter.

• Locked thread