Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
I enjoyed this game, but ultimately felt it didn't have staying power because of all the repetition of early stages. Definitely happy to watch someone else play it though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
Loving these playthroughs. You definitely make the game look a hell of a lot easier than it is.

My issue is that I don't think I'll ever be good enough to win. In games like BoI, I'm good enough to win the game when I get good items / combo items. I don't need broken combos, but good enough stuff that my DPS and dodging is enough to get me the win. Gungeon just doesn't have that level of potential, and I know that my dodging skills while good, won't be enough to get me there. Combine that with the fact that I have to play level 1-2 over and over again while trying to advance to late game gets really boring.

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
Watching this LP made me go back and play the game some more. I still suck, and can only make it to level 3 about 50% of the time, and never passed that point.

Looks like I'll continue to live the dream through the exploits of Scruffy. Also, sorry to hear about your real life dramas. Never fun stuff.

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
If there's voting going on for the next run, I'm going with The convict as well. I imagine they will have a very interesting past that needs killing.

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
I really like the challenge mentioned on the last page. When you find a new gun, you need to use it exclusively until it runs out of ammo or you find another weapon.

If you find ammo you can use it on whatever you want, and there are no restrictions for using other guns after you've depleted the ammo of your most recent find

• Locked thread