Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

Having just started playing Gungeon - I'd had my eye on it for a while, but this LP + the sale finally drove me to pick it up - I'm finding myself lean towards the 'Gungeon is hard but fair' camp. I've been steadily making better progress with almost every run, and that's even with runs where I see nothing but two brown chests on floor 1 and have to go after the boss with the base gun. Granted the furthest I've made it so far is the boss of the second floor so I'm maybe not seeing all of the problem yet, but so far it seems no worse than garbage luck with drops in Isaac...which maybe isn't the best model to aspire to, but you at least have the boon of the starting weapon being pretty decent for a while in most cases.

I'll agree that maybe there should be an explanation of curses somewhere in-game, but it's only come up once for me so it doesn't seem that important?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

Did Scruffy forget to get the Bullet that can Kill Time that run? Would that have caused problems after beating the Lich if so?

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

senrath posted:

You only need the Bullet if you're going to kill a character's Past. Bullet Hell doesn't care if you have it or not.

Oh, okay - I thought with the post-fight target thing it was needed.

• Locked thread