Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

I set fire to the rain watched it pour as I touched your face
"I never saw The High Dragun until my 10th(???) run."

Eat my entire rear end, mister. :colbert:

I gave up on this game after playing for a month straight and getting to floor 3 like maybe twice. This game is incredibly hard. Gatling Gull and Ammoconda almost always ended my run full stop if I got unlucky and faced them as a floor boss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

I absolutely despise playing as The Convict. I am the most cautious, long range, player ever

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

No, they can rarely fire that off-target like in the gif. Doesn't usually go on that long though. The Pilot's gun is REALLY bad.

e: His gun is as much a Han Solo reference as his design is.

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

So I picked this game up today after giving up on it last summer.

I still can't get past the fourth chamber... :negative:

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

Tendronai posted:

Chalk me up as another player who started playing this again thanks to this LP, went from never having cleared the third chamber to finally killing the High Dragun.

:argh:

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

With all the puns in this game it always angered me that the Hegemony Credits aren't just called Hegemoney.

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

I just beat the dragun for the first time.... since getting the game in july....
:negative:

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

After 237 deaths I've finally beaten my first past....... One down.... so many left to go.... :negative:

(It was the marine)

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

CzarChasm posted:

Just unlocked the elevator to floor two, and...it seems like kind of a misstep. I mean, yes, I'm guaranteed to start at floor two with full health and at least one key...But also with no weapon or good item. I guess if I get good at beating the level 2 bosses now with the starting pistol, it won't be so bad.

But it does in a way seem like starting at level two is shooting yourself in the foot, if you'll pardon the pun. It's at least one less weapon chest, one less item chest and one less shop to visit, any one of which could get you something good. Not to mention the idea of possibly getting the master round for an additional heart

On a similar note, what would most people rather do, go straight from floor 1 to 2, or stop in at the oubliette instead for the extra chests and casings? I mean, if I was really good at the level 1 bosses and could guarantee a no hit run, and I had an embarrassing amount of keys, I'd just do both. And I don't think I've seen anything of lower value on oubliette than a green chest yet.

Yeah I never take shortcuts for that very reason. And I only go to The Oubliette if floor 1 gives me 2 brown chests.

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

I don't know if my game is just glitched or what, but you said you unlock another enemy from beating the Bullet's past. I've died to Cannon 4 times now but if you're talking about shadow magician I've already killed it enough to get it's unlock. I think it's from killing it 10 times?

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

berryjon posted:

So how did the Bullet change its past? I mean, did it fail in the quest in the first place? Does that make this like the Convict, for whom the past is a case of 'there is no option but to change the past'? And if so, then how does Blasphemy do the 'bullet absorb' thing?

The ammonomicon entries for Agunim and Cannon say something about Cannon getting beaten eventually anyway, but not after several hundred years of oppression. The Bullet was hoping to nip it in the bud.

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

You need to start naming your files like DON'T-DELETE-THIS-MAN-COME-ON.mp3 or something.

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

The Full Metal Jacket isn't as cool and good when you're bad at the game, like me. Because then you basically lose all your blanks as soon as the floor starts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

marshmallow creep posted:

How loving long does it take to unlock all this poo poo!?

Well a lot of the unlocks are from randomly finding people in the gungeon. Keep in mind that the average new player would die like 50 times in a row on a new floor. That's 50 opportunities to see A New Friend. Scruffy's more or less clearing the whole place each run so he's not spending as much time on each floor as someone starting fresh would.

• Locked thread