Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I bought the game because it looked super fun, and it turns out that the game is super fun. On the other hand I've only gotten to the second level so far because it's kicking my rear end, but still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
After many attempts I finally managed to finish a run. On the other hand, I think I only managed to finish it because I found a black chest on the first floor, and the gun in that chest basically carried me through the whole game.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I can pretty consistently no-hit Gatling Gull (barring dumb mistakes) by staying at a medium distance and just circle-strafing. As long as you keep moving you only have to roll through the outermost shots from his spread attack, and all other attacks can be rolled through pretty easily.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I find it helpful to wait with opening chests until you've cleared out the floor already.

Peronally I've gotten to the level where I can get to the Hollow consistently and to the Forge on about one third of my runs. Still working on the Bullet, though.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

discworld is all I read posted:

It's especially helpful to forego opening chests before the boss, at least for the first two floors or so, because it guarantees a gun drop from the boss. And outside of the Ammoconda, all the bosses on the first two floors are pretty much as easy as you're going to get on your journey down. So it's best to use that time to stock up on weapons early.

VVVV
Yeah, Ammoconda is a pain to deal with. He's constantly shooting, his bullet patterns are weird, and while he has the least amount of health than the other two second floor bosses, his egg eating gimmick makes the fight draw on for too long.

CzarChasm posted:

Probably just bad luck that every time I made it to a 2nd floor boss it's been ammoconda.

Man, I must be the weird guy here because I find Ammoconda to be the easiest of the second floor bosses. Since he is so long it's pretty easy to just keep an eye on your character and shoot in his general direction and you'll hit more often than not.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
The remote-controlled bullets basically carried me during my last run. Scruffy kind of showed it off, but they're fantastic with guns that fire slow-moving high-damage bullets, because you can basically stand behind a corner and remote bombs into chumps all day.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I finally managed to finish a run where I went through all the floors. Admittedly I think it only worked out because I found an ace boss killer in the Oubliette, but still.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I'm gonna disagree here and say that the Plague Pistol is hot goddamn garbage on every level.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Yeah, in one of my earliest successful runs I basically found every extra health item in the game as well as Spice and abused the hell out of it. Even garbage guns become decent room clearers when you're doing near double damage.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Well, you'll only find a finite number of Spice on any given run, so I guess that's the limit.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Samovar posted:

Why doesn't this game have a gunblade in it?

As far as I know it has at least two.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Spudd posted:

From that name I assume it shoots guns? Please be yes

Actually it's a bullet that shoots guns that shoot smaller bullets. There's a similar weapon that's a shotgun shell that shoots shotguns that shoot shells.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Actually the Full Metal Jacket doesn't absorb bullets, rather it automatically uses one of your blanks when you're about to get hit. It's super good if you're trying to get all the master rounds in one run.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
It's also arguably not much of a a challenge since most mimics aren't that hard to kill and it means that you basically don't need keys except for the Oubliette and the occasional locked door.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
It's the Riddle of Steel, dammit. I can't believe that you're this rusty on your Conan canon.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
You's also really have to play as the Marine in his alt outfit for that real Fashion Souls experience.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Zark the Damned posted:

Or a Beholster run, you can only use your starting weapon or one of the guns that the Beholster uses Com4nd0, Machine Pistol, Eye of the Beholster, Void Marshal, and M1911.

This, but duct tape all of them together (if possible, that is).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I think you're a bit too down on the Flare Gun. While it's not great it does kill most basic enemies on the first few floors with one shot (albeit with a bit of a delay), so it's a workable room clearer if you haven't got anything better.

• Locked thread