Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Huh, never looked too closely at this, since it came out amidst a swathe of bullet-hell roguelikes, but this I may have to investigate further. Kinda reminds me of Nuclear Throne, except less punishingly difficult.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

On the other hand, a lot of Isaac runs can live or die based on what items you get - yeah, you can get Brimstone and get access to a 'gently caress you, I win' button, but you can also get Cursed Eye (usually by mistake) and have your run degenerate into an unwinnable shitshow. Or you can just never get anything good and be stuck with mediocre stats that result in a frustrating run where everything takes forever and a day to die. Don't get me wrong, i love Isaac, but it can be a game where skill plays second fiddle to luck just because the RNG wasn't feeling cooperative.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Just the Marine from my playthroughs. Haven't unlocked any additional characters (assuming there is any, but games like this always do), but so far, he's the only one to show any changes.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

I would've had it so that if you take damage during the boss, you get a health up, while if you get through unscathed, you get a cool weapon. It means those who need the help get it, while those who don't get to brag about it with their gun that shoots doves that explode into sharks.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Does anyone else find the second floor bosses easier than the first floor ones? Maybe it's me, or maybe I have better weapons by then. but I tend to find the Beholster or the Gorgun easier than the Twins or the King. Which is weird, because I have way more practice at them, what with them being the first bosses.

Ammoconda can eat a dick though.

Grapplejack posted:

This LP is good, but this game is real, real bad. It's kinda like Isaac, but really stingy and rude to the player.

It could stand to be more generous with pickups and items, there's no denying that, but compared to something like Nuclear Throne, it's a hell of a lot fairer. After a while, it just stopped being fun for how it would never give you a chance.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Most guns in the game feature bullet spread to some degree, but the Pilot's sidearm has it to a ridiculous degree. To the point where you can reenact that scene from Pulp Fiction without even trying.

The idea with the Pilot, is that he's supposed to start off weak, but thanks to his lockpicks and passive store discount, wind up as one of the more powerful characters. In practice, however, well...

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

That version of LotR was the Ralph Bakshi version btw, a version long reviled for weird animation (it was all rotoscoped, giving it a weird uncanny valley look) and the fuzzy slippers Balrog.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

You're only allowed to enter a room once, the obvious exceptions being teleport rooms or if you reach a dead end with nowhere else to go. Find a chest but no keys? Tough luck.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

When this LP is done, can we have a supercut of all Scruffy's panicked cries? There was some prime yelping in this episode.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

SloppyDoughnuts posted:

I just beat the dragun for the first time.... since getting the game in july....
:negative:

Don't feel bad, I've had it about 2-3 months and I just got to the fourth floor for the first time on Friday.

Cerebral Bore posted:

Man, I must be the weird guy here because I find Ammoconda to be the easiest of the second floor bosses. Since he is so long it's pretty easy to just keep an eye on your character and shoot in his general direction and you'll hit more often than not.

It's the segments he adds that gently caress me up. I never seem to have a strong weapon whenever I meet him, which makes breaking the segments in time a challenge. By comparison, the Gorgun's a piece of cake. I always end up eating a hit or two whenever I fight the Bullet King on the first floor as well.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Scruffy picks up a gun: "Yeah, it's an okay gun. Not one of my favourites, but there's certainly a lot worse weapons to pick up."

Ten minutes later: "I am the right hand of Death, the hour of reckoning is now. All shall fall by my guns."

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

Jester: Anything that a person off the street could say is definitely a gun just by looking at it cannot be used on enemies. Anything else is fair game (even bows, but the sillier, the better). Lots more options here for boss killing so it shouldn't need any caveats.

Think you'd need a second opinion for the sake for fairness on that run. Just someone to to go yea or nay on whether it's ungunny enough to use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Am I the only one who finds the name 'Poopulon' unreasonably funny? Try saying it out loud.

And the reload for the Silencer is just fluffing up the pillow again and I love that.

• Locked thread