Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
This game is so fun, wish the multiplayer was online though.

Also you not checking for mimics is stressing me out :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Potion of lead skin blocks fall damage if I remember right, like you still get respawned, you just don't take damage. But yeah there's not much that can replace double vision, pretty much the best item imo.

Also using cheat engine to get like 50 stacks of pop pop is something that has to be experienced at least once, there's some weapons that just crash the game with that many :v:

Nalesh fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Dec 22, 2016

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Helix gets hilarious at 3 or 4 pop pop stacks.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

dscruffy1 posted:

Sorry for the delay on new episodes. I've been going through the holidays and business and other issues and the absolute loving worst ~relationship drama~. This LP isn't on hiatus but I've got to get myself in the right mindset and I'm not there.

Do RL stuff first, videogame videos for the internet is not that important :v:

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

SkyTalon2314 posted:

This is very true. There's another roguelike-ish game that got LP'd recently, Darkest Dungeon. Tried to load that back up, and... well... yeah. I uninstalled it shortly thereafter. Like, I could LP Guild of Dungeoneering and make the game look far easier than it is, just simply because I know the mechanics well enough. In fact, I sort of experienced that when I convinced one of my friends who streams to do the game one week. He was not thrilled at that.

That said, I'm still probably going to grab Gungeon. It looks to be an action game I can enjoy, even if some of the mechanics are bullshit. Or should I say bullshot?

A big thing to remember about Gungeon is that it's a bullethell first, roguelike second.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

I just wanna say I'm sad that you didn't make the Pilot episode the first episode :v:

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

An important thing about the bouncy bullets is that it resets the range that a bullet travels before it disappears if it has a limit on range, like for example the pilots gun.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Grapplejack posted:

This LP is good, but this game is real, real bad. It's kinda like Isaac, but really stingy and rude to the player.

Honestly I found it more fair than isaac, maybe it's because I haven't played the newest version of isaac and the first version was floaty as gently caress.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

HenryEx posted:

I was really big into this for a while after release and then burned out pretty hard. We'll see if the upcoming dlc can rekindle the flame.

I'll say that the game gets much more casual when you activate a cheat script to give you a random drop after every room cleared, instead of every ten or so. More ammo to go around, lots of health lying around to smooth the learning curve, keys to find new exciting weapons with...

Looking forward to the next video, featuring the best character, as a palate cleanser from the worst character

I forgot about that gif :allears:

Speaking of gifs, have this from the op of the gungeon thread, the regular bullet dies too fast to usually see this:

Nalesh fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Jan 5, 2017

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Haven't played it in a decently long time and noticing a few things like that dragun thing didn't happen back when I played, my first dragun run was cheesed by flying :v:

Also that armor knight with a cannon instead of a sword is decently new too right? Don't recall him either.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Arcade Rabbit posted:

Seconded. Live commentary is far more entertaining.

The trademark panicked laughing makes live commentary worth it :v:

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

dscruffy1 posted:

I've died twice to Wallmonger in the two Supply Drop runs I've done, one was a normal run and the other was a challenge run. This is gonna be magical.

e: also some youtube dude is calling me a douchebag for dunking on the molotov launcher. :siren:THE MOLOTOV LAUNCHER IS loving GARBAGE.:siren:

The molotov launcher is good when you can get a chokepoint somehow, not so much in any other situation :v:
There's definitely weapons that do a better job at locking down chokepoints though.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

99% sure I remember the blue secret walls being removed in like, one of the first patches.

I think it happened in 1.1.0 beta 3 "Fixed a lighting issue which caused secret doors to be very obvious", but I feel like it was way earlier than that? Like around the same time as "Starter guns can no longer be used to reveal secret doors"

Nalesh fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Feb 1, 2017

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

At what floor are you gonna show what taking a shortcut does? Imo it's really not worth it, but it's interesting.

Nalesh fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Feb 26, 2017

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Geocities Homepage King posted:

I can't imagine anything ever going wrong in a Jade Star LP.

Can something go wrong if nothing has ever gone right :v:

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

LashLightning posted:

It was only then that I had a sudden, horrific clarity on Old Man Rubel's ravings. Dimensions beyond rational bullet thought - not only the mundane height and width, but bizarre depth. This monstrous knowledge immediately took toll on my mind as even the very walls of the Gungeon around me took an altogether sinister shape, towering above me, peering down evilly from their new positions...

I still wait for a game that does 3d bullet hells well, kinda like those 3d touhou videos that people make.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

I heard the scarf actually works really well when using a controller, while it's awkward as gently caress with kbm.

Does the robots electricity combo as hilariously as I think it does with water based weapons like barrel of fish/super soaker?

Nalesh fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Apr 20, 2017

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

That sure was a key and peel run.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Always gathered the pun of the "lower case r" is "lower receiver" seeing as legally, that's the only part of your gun that's a gun :v:

Also nier automatas shmup sections has given me a renewed love of weapons that clear bullets. So I like Bullet even more now.

Nalesh fucked around with this message at 00:04 on May 16, 2017

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

A run I'd suggest doing that I'm sure someone has made a mod for, a run where every single chest is a mimic :v:

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What actually was causing you to use more ammo for your guns? I noticed it happening for all your guns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Beehive, Jar of Bees, Honeycomb, backup gun, a couple of damage passives, and a bunch of pop pops

• Locked thread