Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I am utter garbage at this game and I don't think watching this LP will make me any better.

I'm still going to watch it, I just don't think it'll make me any better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

How about no buying from the shop?

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I don't know if something changed with the supply drop update, but I'm having a really hard time hearing your commentary in this video.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

57 deaths, only gotten to floor 3 twice, never gotten a master round. Feels bad.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

70 deaths in and I have sometimes made it to floor 3 now! Once I even made it to floor 4 and then immediately died because I only had a half heart left!

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

So, did the Gunsling King bug out because the hit was a jammed bullet? Maybe the game was checking for a half heart of damage and missed it because that got skipped over?

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I have gone from not being able to get past the first boss reliably, to not being able to get past the second boss reliably. Progress?

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

dscruffy1 posted:

Next update...eventually!

If you want another guest, I'd be happy to jump in.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Damnit Scruffy, I kept hearing Discord notification sounds and wondering why I wasn't seeing any messages. Then I realized it was the video.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Here's my usual playthrough of this game:

Level 1: Make it through with relative ease until the boss. Can rarely get a master round if I'm on point and have a good gun.
Level 2: Struggle almost constantly, can occasionally kill the boss if I have a good gun and enough health to tank inevitable hits.
Level 3: Die horribly, usually before the boss.

I'd ask for help but I think the problem is I just suck at this game.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

dscruffy1 posted:

I decided on what to do for the next video and it is pretty brutal actually.

Trying to give me advice while I livestream the game at you?

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Do you want to? I could use the help >_>

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

After 33 hours since the Supply Drop update, and 92 loving deaths, I finally killed the Dragun.

Balloon gun is OP.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Do a run with just starting pistol, no passives, but all companions (plus junk for the junkiest boy). No other items allowed.

Also the Shadow Magician does not require you to kill Cannon before he shows up, because he's killed me several times and I don't even have the bullet character unlocked.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Grayshift posted:

I had a thought regarding the two AWOL NPCs. They're both credit dumps, so it could be possible their appearance is linked to having bought enough items from the various merchants. So they show up just as you're running short of new things to unlock. Whether it would be just the acquisitions department progress or all credits earned/spent, no idea.

Scruffy's definitely bought more than me and I've managed to find both missing NPCs already. So if anything it might be tied to the number of deaths on file. :v:

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

senrath posted:

Uh, theoretically one of every gun in the game, although you'll probably have to cheat to get that many.

Cheat to get that many, you say?

New run idea: Guns, Lots of Guns

Give yourself every gun. You can only go through one clip of any given gun before you must discard it.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I think if you had just dropped one of your cursed items then picked it back up, it would have worked to force Lord of the Jammed to spawn.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

dscruffy1 posted:

On a final related note, the next episode of Gungeon will be the last.

I for one am going to be very sad to see this thread end. Thanks for all the hard work showing this game off!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

AweStriker posted:

Second, what does the Super Hot Watch actually do, aside from reference the most innovative shooter I haven't played in years?

Literally the same as Superhot. Time moves when you do. It's really annoying to clear rooms with it but it makes getting master rounds from bosses a lot easier (so of course you get it as the reward for getting all five master rounds, right after you don't need it anymore).

• Locked thread