Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
I picked up the game because of this LP.

So far I've been having a lot of fun with it even if I keep dying to the first floor boss :v: I keep dodging at the right time but in the wrong direction, usually towards the boss like you do in Dark Soups which doesn't end well. Kudos for making it look so easy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Huh, can you still do the Pasts once you've unlocked the sixth chamber or does it always drag you down to bullet hell?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Einwand posted:

While the potion of gun friendship is really good an important note about it is that every boss in the game has a DPS cap, so if you're not careful with your fire rate you can often wind up spending a ton of ammo for functionally no damage. Low fire rate high damage guns seem to ignore that mechanic entirely.

I thought that was removed with Supply Drop?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Man the BSG ended up putting in some work on the Kill Pillers huh?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Veloxyll posted:

Yup[. For shame. You could've had maximum Sir Junkon.

Does Sir Junkon have a past that you have to go fix if he's the hero?

No, but if you manage to get him up to max there is an amazing reward.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Good to have you back Scruffy!

Yeah, man watching you almost get hit by like 5 things during the Gorgun boss fight just to barely get tagged is the most Gungeon thing.

Its why I never get master rounds :negative:

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
So the things everyone was regretting enough to come to the Gungeon

Hunter- Being cryogenically frozen for a couple of centuries
Marine- Cowardice during a DOOM scenario where all his comrades died
Pilot- Abandoning his partner to the space police
Convict- not killing the police hard enough when they came to arrest her
Bullet- Not killing Cannondorf
Robot- Letting the last human live instead of killing her

Does the game normally stop you from taking the original 'wrong' option in the Past or was that unique to the Robot?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
I like how your brown chest run ended up with a hugely superior loadout to your last normal run.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

The Door Frame posted:

What are the "beneficial" modifiers supposed to be?

I mean, Don't Blink is incredibly beneficial and basically turns 80% of the rooms into absolute freebies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
One final question; what the hell does the owl companion do? I think we saw and you explained most of the others.

Great LP btw.

• Locked thread