Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Expect to see opinions turn more towards Gungeon being more fair than Isaac for a little while at least. The latest expansion for Isaac just came out and made people ask whether the devs understood balance at all.

My thoughts on the matter of Isaac or Gungeon being more fair... I don't think I've ever hit floor 4 in Gugeon, but have over 100 hours in Isaac, so take this with a grain of salt: Gungeon gives you a dodge roll and expects you to use it constantly. Things are much more hectic, and nearly impossible to deal with unless you know when and how to use your roll (I do not have that down). Gungeon runs are long, all of Scruffy's videos so far are ~1 hour long, while my runs of Isaac are rarely more than 40 minutes unless I find a room where I can grind for loot in the chapters after the time cutoff is done (there's a boss rush where you can get extra items if you complete floor 6 within 20 minutes), and I still explore the entire floor for the floors where that matters.

I feel Isaac is more newbie friendly (before this expansion) because even if you're not the best player you can get a lucky drop that carries you through the game and allows you to unlock new stuff, while in Gungeon if you get a really amazing gun it will carry you until your ammo runs out, and then be dead weight unless you get a lucky ammo drop you can use on it. Also unlocks are largely tied to Hegemony credits, and those you only get one or two for the first boss, so if you're like me and can't reliably beat the second boss (or even the first) it takes a long rear end time to unlock a reasonable amount of anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
E: this was something I was stupid about, sorry. Junken takes 7 to reach final form, not 10 like I thought after ten seconds on the wiki.

And given how many chest you destroyed, with keys on you, you got very, very few junks there. 72% chance of junk my rear end.

Ashsaber fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Mar 1, 2017

• Locked thread