Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Yeah, new BoI is terrible; I mostly just look kindly on it back when it was still in Flash.

It was a good game, that's kinda turned to poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Lol if you think crippling depression is anything outta the ordinary for anyone on these forums, this subforum especially.

Just take it easy dscruffy and remember to live life for the things you enjoy.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Jesus

the thing that amazes me the most is just not plain using cover or dodging at all; wildly firing is fine-ish but the former are unforgivable

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Also playing ins Deutsch. Meine Götter!

(Ah arright!)

Still, not using cover early on is something that the OP does too, but if you get your dodges down it's not super important but early on especially it can be fairly useful

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Man, I got such a kick of nostalgia from the Wolfenstein boss, though I don't get why he wasn't Mecha-Mussolini or Monster of the WereMag or something or what it has to do with the hunter.

I'm curious, do you always do live? Do you ever think of doing post? I'd think a game that requires a lot of attention would be kinda ideal for post.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

mandatory lesbian posted:

he meant have you considered post-commentary
you get me so well

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

CrazySalamander posted:

I guess the people wanting post commentary get their wish for an episode; don't try to act like it's live, some people can do that but most people sound pretty dumb when they try to make post sound live.
He's probs still gonna be distracted; one of the pros about post is that you get to focus solely on the game and then have to worry about what to say.

Still, looking forward to it.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
It's an early game crutch, as it means you probably aren't moving, they aren't in any of the boss arenas and they break rather easily, though learning them does have advantages, especially with the braziers.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

ManlyGrunting posted:

Incidentally, I feel that I need to show Enter the Gungeon's extremely adorable and awesome launch trailer. The grenade gundead jumping on the grenade still makes me chuckle. :allears:
Man, I can even tell that the convict is a lady in that one

I honestly thought that the in game one was kept deliberately ambiguous but apparently its just me being bad at grokking the style

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
I am still baffled at the fact that he has a weapon that can instantly turn the worst enemies in a room into assets and doesn't see the point.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Lazy Bear posted:

The Mine Flayer is actually a Dungeons and Dragons reference. Illithids, or 'Mind Flayers', are squid-headed humanoid monstrosities with terrible psychic domination powers. They also grapple onto the heads of victims they can't, or don't want to, dominate and suck their brain out through their skull.

And yes, trap sprung.
Lol if we're going for nerdy references I'm kinda ashamed nobody mentioned Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser, as they're one of the oldest corners of fantasy and very out of place in the Gungeon. I guess the dev likes them as well? I guess if ole Pterry references them its aight if they do.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
I cried a little inside from all those unstolen items when you had the box and the ring of mimic friendship

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Gads, I kept getting annoyed at you not using the water in the boss fights. Especially against the snake because of the sectional damage!

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
The time slowing effect of the table tech also lets you get those timings way easier with the rad gun/cog of war, so it's a shame you never used that.

wiegieman posted:

The Rad Gun, as expected, fires bullets wearing sunglasses. noice

It also equals the Hexagun after 3 reloads, and beats it after 4.
Yeah, there's a handy table on the wiki but some folks don't like always going there after getting every item. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Man, a Brent Weeks reference is something I wasn't expecting tbh

• Locked thread