Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
To make matters worse, this is a game where you unlock weapons and powerups by being good at it. Consider the poor soul who struggles and dies a few dozen times before he can complete it once - he can't get the store that unlocks new guns and powerups and couldn't pay for them even if he got lucky. "Git Gud" is all very well, but your game has to be fun while you're Gitting otherwise you're just grinding your face against a brick wall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
I admit, I wasn't expecting the finale for the Hunter to be one giant Wolfenstien reference. But I did get a laugh out of the bullet shapes.

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
Yeah, I think what you're supposed to take from that scene is that the Hunter in the original timeline was trapped by the bullet pattern, got cryogenically frozen, and awoke in the Space Future(TM). Now that she's gone back in time, she can use a blank from the Space Future to clear the bullets and dispense justice.

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
I'm looking forward to the marine's past. You can guess what it's going to be the moment you see his helmet, but it's a hoot to actually play through.

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
I'd rather scruffy concentrate on the (quite tricky) shenanigans to show off the second secret level before getting into too many gimmicks.

• Locked thread