Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

A good example of Isaac being fairer is that the first floor's guaranteed item doesn't require a key.

I mean gently caress, I played this game for a bit and continuous deaths across the first two floors just ended any desire to continue. Stuff like "Never spends keys on Brown Chests" or "Don't spend keys on a floor until you make it to the shop" (or what was the formulation? keys don't spawn at the shop if you open a chest?) seem like really counter intuitive things too, as correct as they turn out to be; I want to pop chests as soon as I find them to help myself progress, in Isaac or whatever if I come across a shot for a new permanent item you drat well can be sure I'm going to grab it ASAP.

Having said all that watching someone just demolish the game is providing me with a lot of enjoyment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Right, that's still uber weird to me. I see a key, I've got a chest ahead, but I should put it off until I hit the shop; oh and if it's brown just pass up on it altogether. idk

I mean sometimes I wonder how people figure this stuff out in the first place but then I always take what I view to be the direct and obvious path :shrug:

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

I think some of it is due to the perceptions of someone who is getting frustrated a couple of hours in vs someone who has played for dozens of hours. Once you reach the level of play dscruffy1's on the game is fundamentally different, same with Isaac. I assume (it's been a while since I played) that the very early experience of playing Isaac is still a bit better (in the least) than he very early experience of playing Gungeon; I certainly remember managing to make it far further (relatively speaking) in Isaac vs what my overall experience in Gungeon was like, like very reasonably clearing the first 2 or 3 floors almost every time in Issac an hour or two in vs being stuck on 1 and sometimes 2 in Gungeon several hours later. :shrug:

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Graphics in roguelikes?! In my days you climbed a hill of ASCI and learned to interpret what they meant, damnit!

• Locked thread